Unknown problem at high RPM

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
your right about that but i dont know where to start. Soldering those wires didnt do anything. It seems to have gotten worse acutally. So im back to square one. If this keeps up i wont have the car much longer.

Marcenator

Marc T.
Apr 29, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
I have a similar issue running mostly stock but with dp,intake and boost controler and even with boost controler removed. Please keep the suggestions coming as it is a difficult problem to solve. I have done most of the similar checks as well, boost leaks ect. I will have to try plugs and wires next.

Marc

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I found the problem Marcenator. I swapped out the accordian and it stopped! It was leaking

I took off the air filter and blocked the accordian with a soup can. Then took my compressor and set it to 15psi (the max ill be running). I turned on the compressor and i heard the leak instantly.

Check for leaks like this first. I drove myself crazy swapping parts and testing. I did that for weeks. and it was just the accordian.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Wow, such a simple thing causes shit like this to happen doesn't it? Well, at least you are looking into fixing other stuff on it now ;). So I guess you are keeping the car?

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I kno its amazing how that little leak caused all that shuddering.

yes i am. I was mostly worried because i rebuilt the motor and i never had it running proper since i did so i was worried. But im running 16psi and the thing hauls ass. No fuel cut im surprised. Ive ordered a lip, another set of blinker shades because i broke one, and a cooleeze intake pipe. Ill snap some pics of it after i get the new parts installed.

Thanks for the help everyone

Marcenator

Marc T.
Apr 29, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Cool glad u got your problem solved! I already checked mine for boost leaks and everything seems ok there. I did change my spark plugs today as i found them to be the wrong ones in the car since i bought it. I never noticed before. They were N/A plugs. The hesitation now seems to be gone but that was only after 1 test drive. I guess I'm just going to have to go for another ride just to be sure hehe.

Marc