universal oxygen sensor

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
i bought a exygen sensor today from advance auto parts .. its supposedly for my car an 88 turbo supra but its universal.. it has 1 small black wire coming off it.. i know you need to cut the wires off the old one and connect them to this one. but theres 3 wires on the old one. that would mean i would have to connect 3 wires into one wire on the new one.. does anyone know if thats the right thing to do? i want to make sure before i go cutting wires and stuff.

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
the o2 sensor you got only has the sensor wire. The stock 7m o2 sensor has one sensor wire and then 2 heater wires (positive and negative). I think you can just hook up your new o2 sensor to the white wire (i believe) and it should work fine. Someone correct me if im wrong.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Thats correct, the one wire belongs to an N/A supra. I think Jhon at MDC sells them, check out our vendors section. I personally coulnt find it at any autozone, advance or oreillys, but you might wanna PM John first.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
okay, the white wire is the wire that you hook the one wire from the sensor up to. The other two are heater and ground, since the stock 02 sensor was heated and your aftermarket one is not.

...It'll work fine, BUT BUT BUT your check engine light will be constantly on, since the heater circuit will not be connected. I'm working on a remedy for this, now, using the correct combination of resistors and such. I'll post it on here whenever I get it hooked up.

-Devon Goodspeed