Unfair fines!

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
briggsy;1353200 said:
i could basically do any modification to the car and not get fines for it, this car had alot of modifications done to it and it was legal for me to do it
How the hell do I get one of these. Who do I have to kill, blow, or kiss ass to.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Poodles;1353273 said:
Remember, they want your money,
It's definitely not the money. The officer gets paid the same, whether they write tickets or not. Here, when I write a $500 ticket, the city I work for is lucky to get $10 of that $500.

Poodles;1353273 said:
if you fight it it costs them more money as well to pay the judge, ect...

If you fight it, it costs you the taxpayer more money.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The way I see it, if *everyone* fought *every* ticket, things would change, and fast. The police can't afford to have all their staff in court all the time, if they did, they wouldn't be able to write more tickets.

Of course, with our luck, they'd just modify the court system so that the ticketing officer doesn't have to attend. :(

The root cause of the problem isn't the pain in the ass police, however. Everyone here should know that the root cause is the pain in the ass politicians putting in laws without thinking them through first.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
take it to court for sure, it sounds like you've received an unnecessary ticket.

My father is a recently retired ontario provincial police constable, I can assure you that cops aren't all dicks, but some (especially the younger guys) have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove, often starting confrontations in a negative manner. However, the important thing to consider is they probably think they are doing the right thing as far as the masses are concerned - It's the truth that sometimes "a good talking to" can serve much better than a ticket. Which they think will correct the negative behaviour.

He's said the profession just isn't the same as it used to be - the general public looks at police as the enemy and often don't offer any respect. He told me the best advice is to be respectful and tell the truth, it goes much farther than trying to lie to them. It sounds like you've done just that...so I'd say you've come across one of the jerks in the profession.

it's just unfortunate that a lot of cops out there can be unreasonable and unfriendly. Just don't hate all of them because of a few bad ones.

best of luck in court! you'd be stupid not to go!