underbody tray

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
The big piece of plastic under the engine bay. I'm debating on removing mine. I know the benefits of having it. Just wanted to know who on here are still using his/hers. And thoughts and feelings on removal

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Search for "engine undercover" - that's what most people call it here.

There have been 101 threads on this topic.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Keep it if you have it. It will assist with gas mileage and cooling efficiency. Most of the people on this board don't have one and probably have never had one.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
:werd: I bought a mint one from too_stand off of ebay a while back because mine wasn't on when I bought it. If I have any spare time this summer I may look into making a metal version for myself, and depending on how much of a hassle it turns out to be, I may make a few others ;).

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
Supracentral said:
Search for "engine undercover" - that's what most people call it here.

There have been 101 threads on this topic.

I searched "underbody tray" , "underbody", and etc... but i never thought to call it that.

Sorry for the thread on a dead horse.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I would loove a metal one, I didn't have mine on because when I took it off, all the rusted bolts broke off. I gotta drill those out or find a new way to mount it.

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
shouldn't be to tough to make a bunch, given the right tooling, once you have a pattern, I think it's more or less flat, should just be able to cut the sucker. Fiberglass would be fastest and easiest (and lightest). I dunno about dropping it on speed bumps, I don't touch my front lip on speedbumps, so for some people it wont be a problem. I guess it's all in how much you're lowered tho.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Dude keep the thing on, People are out buying intercooler block off plates so the air will be forced to go through the intercooler right, well i see a shit ton of those running without an undercover, well what happens, the air just goes out the bottom! Keep the SOAB.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I think Big A. said one time that it was, "a diaper for when the supra decides to shit itself", meaning that if something happens to the cooling system, the undertray will help keep this cooler for a little while longer, giving you enough time to pull over and fix your shit ;).

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
americanjebus said:
Dude keep the thing on, People are out buying intercooler block off plates so the air will be forced to go through the intercooler right, well i see a shit ton of those running without an undercover, well what happens, the air just goes out the bottom! Keep the SOAB.

Agreed. I took mine and used some flat aluminum stock to help reinforce the holes/tabs that usually tear.