type-r supra

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I meant in Japan ;). I was talking about Japanese cars. :D

drunk_medic, it's a 4.10 diff, not 4.11. ;), and yeah, the TT-R did have the Bilsteins, also, the JZA70's (not just the TT-R's) had a 4-channel ABS system like the 93-96 MKIV had. The MA70's had only a 3-channel ABS system, but from what I can deduce, the 4-channel system would only really have advantages on cars without clutch-pack LSD's (even though I can think of a bunch of clutch-pack LSD equipped cars that have 4-channel setups). Since a clutch-pack LSD would prevent the ABS from fully controlling each rear wheel's braking independantly.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
yes..the second pic is the turbo-r interior
the car appears to be a 2.5 GT-limited, with the cloth seats, no type r trim, and stock height susp as opposed to bilstein.

i have seen TT-R's in white, super red, black, forest green and probably a few more, they are the hot unit

Mofo

Banned
May 1, 2005
Perth, Western Australia.
searching jza70 in google will give you this page.
http://www.toyota-supra.info/models/1991_8/

its probably the best source of model specific information on these supras.

as you can see yes as all models were available in either M/T or A/T, including the [R]
the twin turbo R was available in 7 colours including Dark Green mica which was exclusive to this particlar model.

the tt R isnt a 'special' model its was just the most popular among boy racers for its attributes. and its not 'Type R', no such thing. it can be abbreviated into 'tt R', or [R] or 'twin turbo R' or just 'R'.

the analogue tacho reads to 8k but rev limiter is set closer to 7k