Tylers Conlins's Drag Supra

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
stevenr816;1891150 said:
Funny brad I think the exact opposite.
I LOVED Utah for the 6 months I lived up there in SLC. The rest of my 23 years of life have been in Phoenix :(
No worries man. Eastern and Northern Utah is beautiful. However, Phoenix roads, while they may not be "interesting" (take the back roads, b-highways, and you'll see what I mean, the east valley is full of great roads) as you put it, are MUCH better maintained. Plus, you don't have to deal with snow. Or Utah drivers. Up here, we call them Utahrds, they really are that bad behind the wheel. I've been a lot of places, and so far, I've seen no place with a greater concentration of boneheads behind the wheel than Utah...

Now, if the weather down there was without snow, their roads could probably be better maintained. That, and the construction... seems like EVERY time I drive down there, they've got shit closed down, but for no discernible reason most times. Plus, Phoenix freeway system, much better design there. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Way to go Tyler! That Mopar didn't stand a chance...

Now I realize that picking up time when you're running this fast is difficult, but do you guys think there's a 9 second pass in this setup? Is there more power to be had, better conditions, etc..?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Due to his annealed head,he lifted it. Gonna try and design something up better to help this issue in the future.
The head Sadly to say is junk now. :(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Albert;1893235 said:
Due to his annealed head,he lifted it. Gonna try and design something up better to help this issue in the future.
The head Sadly to say is junk now. :(
Well that sucks... I guess find a better condition head to start with this time? Really sucks considering the time that goes into a good porting job...

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
stevenr816;1889396 said:
Silly brad it's in the first post and the first video lol
But it's a 350 with a 4500rpm stall.

He's making MORE then he was before at the wheels and he haven't finished tuning. The Dynopak keeps acting up. But his power is still climbing straight up at 7500rpm. We haven't had time on the Dyno to raise rev to ~8500 to correspond with the cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say built th350 is it on a trans brake or some type of launch control?

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
NewGen;1895714 said:
You say built th350 is it on a trans brake or some type of launch control?

Built Trans
T brake
4500stall
2 step at 4500 to help spool turbo

Setups changing now after bhg. Going to lower the boost 3psi and spray it, will help stall it faster and will run cooler.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Interesting. Im going to a th350 setup this winter trying to stay away from a t brake and stick with the foot brake and 2 step do you think that will be possible?

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Highly doubt it will hold unless you put a additional hydraulic hand brake for the rear.

There's not downside to a tbrake? I don't know why people are scared of them.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Stock tockicos blues and eibach lowering IIRC. Everything else in the suspensions is stock; bushings, arms, etc etc

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
stevenr816;1897453 said:
Highly doubt it will hold unless you put a additional hydraulic hand brake for the rear.

There's not downside to a tbrake? I don't know why people are scared of them.

From my understanding it requires a manual valve body is that correct? I'd like to keep the auto valve body if possible. Thats my only thoughts against it. That being said I may go with one anyways :)

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
What cams are being used? Also what are your plans to prevent the head from annealing again? Did you guys use the arp inserts on the head that failed?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
stevenr816;1923298 said:
After we inserted the head, it is running so much better. No track passes yet, were suppose to last week but got rained out, so next week it the last time since every track in AZ is closing it seems. :(

Definitely going to run 9s, took some weight out of the car as well.

But here's a little video, pushin the new skinnies and 3rd gear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rCpNrk7oE

lucky we still have snow on the ground :(.