Tyler's build thread

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
I blew that pos stock ct-26, and i am removing it to put on a sp61gt. heres some pics of the tear down, and some of the damage.

dirty ass engine bay-
p335413_1.jpg

Blown turbo-
p335413_2.jpg

p335413_3.jpg

thats all ive got for now. ill try to size the pics down next time, it wasnt working this time.

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
i said it was a pos because, it only had around 2,000 miles on it and the nut came off the shaft and got sucked into the fins. i have nothing against CT's

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
Man it has been a journey since those posts back in 2006. I got my car back on the road just recently and felt like posting about it, so here it goes.

This is how she started back in 2005.

Since then, I will admit she has done her fair share of sitting and waiting for me to get the desire to give her some attention.

2005 - Threw a rod due to my lack of knowledge that vehicles require oil to run. :nono: Had a new/used motor put in only to find out the turbo was also bad. I replaced it with a local shops built CT26, This is the turbo pictured above when i blew it up.

2006 - Replaced the Blown CT26 with a SP61gt, ran low boost and hardly drove the car. During this time I was a painter at a body shop and was given a free piant job from PPG. Thats when this happened (Over the period of 2 years).

2008 - The car was all done, painted and put back together. It was back on the road for a short time until I mistakenly turned up the boost on the SP61gt, and what do you know. BHG. At this point I once again let the car sit. I had purchased a 2005 Legacy gt and over the next 2 years built it into 300 whp 350 tq daily driver.

2010 - I had bought a 1992 supra with rod knock. Had a great shadow grey interior and many bits and parts to use on my supra. This motivated me to get to work on mine and get this all swapped over.
old motor:

2012/13 -
New motor that I pulled, went through, and rolled new bearings in.

2013 -
On the road again!

And so far, thats it! I am going to try and keep adding to this as the days go by. Thanks for looking!

Edit:OOps, some of the pictures are sideways. ill fix it later.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
what did you use to clean up all the oil the turbo spewed out? I have a huge mess to clean up under the hood myself from two blown c12a's I recently replaced.

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
When I blew it, or when i replaced it?

When i blew it everything that was leaked went into the exhaust and burned off. When i replaced it, i used towels so and an oil pan so i wouldnt make a mess. But I am sure a little soap and water would do just fine, or something with degreaser that is safe for paint and plastics.