TX2K9 who's going?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I've only made 2 passes with not so stellar results:
#1 spinning into 3rd (someone blew up on the track before I ran and there was still oil)
Reaction .66
60' 3.22
1/8 ET 10.36
1/8 MPH 85.45
1/4 ET 14.82
1/4 MPH 112.3

#2 blew coupler in 3rd = no power at the end
Reaction .50
60' 2.7
1/8 ET 9.76
1/8 MPH 83.66
1/4 ET 14.44
1/4 MPH 97.4

Gonna hit the track again after I get the 880cc injectors in and see if I can make a decent pass.

We can battle for the slowest time in the MKIII class 2 :icon_razz

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't think I'm in class two. Maybe they'll pity me and put me in a class with guys closer to my et's.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Class 2(MK1-MK3 MODIFIED CLASS)
Turbos up to 67mm on 7m or 1J
-Stock twins on a 2J
-Open DP Allowed
-Any tire, no tubs,fender rolling ok.
-Any ECU
-Factory toyota tranny, 5spd, 6spd, Auto w/stalls allowed
-Nos with Upgraded CT's
Class 2 Participants:
1.Frontierguy25
2.MashedDough
3.Super Supra
4.Supra Hero
5.Red F&H
6.Dok33

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
did the classes change?

Class 2 (MK1 - MK3 SUPER MODIFIED CLASS)
-7M or 1JZ allowed (2JZ cars run in the MKIV classes)
-any turbo allowed
-nitrous allowed
-slicks allowed (no tub jobs though, fender rolling ok)
-any tranny allowed
-open DP allowed
-standalones allowed

I'm running a th400, so this is important to me

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
You need to go into the MK3 Section and look for Drag racing #2 and it has all the rules. All the MK3's and MK2's will be running together.

Turbosidosis

PVC FTW
Mar 31, 2005
Houston (Sugar Land), TX
I plan to attend all the events this year, but will prob only drag race on the practice day. I really wanted to do the road racing, but I think both my supras are too weak to perform decent at it, and i'm not even sure there will be enough people signed up to keep the event happening.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
dok33;1229293 said:
If anyone's interested in a cheaper hotel, there's a Super 8 about 3mi from the Omni:
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=05175

$60/night, $54/night with AAA. That's where me and my GF will be stayin if anyone else is interested!

There are about 5 places to stay right around this place. They are all in decent shape but do not stay at the motel 6 on hwy 6 and 1-10 its ancient and nasty. But the one you posted along with a few others are fairly newish and nicer kept. There is a La Quinta 2 hotels down from this one also.

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
frontierguy25;1229283 said:
You need to go into the MK3 Section and look for Drag racing #2 and it has all the rules. All the MK3's and MK2's will be running together.

I've been following the rules in the TX2K9 drag racing thread; I'm guessing they're the same as what's in the Mkiii section

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
frontierguy25;1230383 said:
This is the thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522418

It looks like you will be in Class 3 because of your tranny. Do you want me to sign you up?

When did this change come about? I thought we show for the meet at Lonestar, pay for the racing, then get classified at spec.

I'm not 100% sure the th400 will be a go; i'm still waiting on the converter.

So if I don't sign up by Feb 2, I can't race?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
darkspeed;1230560 said:
When did this change come about? I thought we show for the meet at Lonestar, pay for the racing, then get classified at spec.

I'm not 100% sure the th400 will be a go; i'm still waiting on the converter.

So if I don't sign up by Feb 2, I can't race?

This changed because we were trying to get another class and more people to race. If we don't have enough people we are going to just go back to the 2 classes. You have to sign up by Feb 2nd and pay by Feb 15th. The more people we have to sign up the better the racing is going to be.

I have however decided to not post in that thread anymore because there are other people taking it over and changing shit. If you want to post up I'll add you to the first post.

But you can just show up and race if you want and pay at the door, but the more people we have sign up the better racing there will be.

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
If I didn't have my own drama (waiting on the parts and my father's illness), I'd sign up and pay. I've got my hotel reservation, scheduled off from work, and convinced my tuner guy to come along, but if the shit hits the fan, that'll be another $85 lost. Plus, I'd be pissed if I signed up for class 3 and ended up needing to be in class 2

If I have to, I'll run with the Mkiv guys since they don't have to pre-pay. It'll be a fun event regardless.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
darkspeed;1232180 said:
If I didn't have my own drama (waiting on the parts and my father's illness), I'd sign up and pay. I've got my hotel reservation, scheduled off from work, and convinced my tuner guy to come along, but if the shit hits the fan, that'll be another $85 lost. Plus, I'd be pissed if I signed up for class 3 and ended up needing to be in class 2

If I have to, I'll run with the Mkiv guys since they don't have to pre-pay. It'll be a fun event regardless.

No man, if you pay and sign up for class 3 and then you fall into class 2 then you will race in class 2 at the event. But don't sweat it, it looks like we might have enough people to do the 3 classes. So just show up at the event and run! I don't want you to have to run with the MK4's.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
YotaRob;1233229 said:
MK3 guys have to prepay but mkiv's dont? WTF! Guess I better put some money down then.

The only reason why we have to prepay is to have the 3 classes and to get more people to race. That's all.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Guys, to make this happen we have to make sure to meet the deadline!! If you have any changes that you would like to see please LMK ASAP!!! I know we can have a nice turn out but we have to meet our minimum number!!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
No one else wants to go!!

This is the only event where you will be able to run against several different MK3's and have fun!