Two Years Of Ownership w/ No AC

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
DUDE......, all you do is roll with the windows down anyhow....., unless your'e with a chick. I never run the ac. It's a final effort to not pass out be4 I turn mine on.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
supramacist said:
DUDE......, all you do is roll with the windows down anyhow....., unless your'e with a chick. I never run the ac. It's a final effort to not pass out be4 I turn mine on.

Nah blowing around humid air isnt my idea of pleasent, and targa off during the day is even worse cause the sun beams down on you. A/c ftw:biglaugh:

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
depends where you live... it's a semi-desert where I live so it's pretty nice on summer nights to cruise around with the windows open... but during 40C days it's nice to have some ac to cool you down a bit...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
a/c is overrated :)

I lived in So. Fla

in a black supra

with no a/c

and I'm alive to tell the story ;)

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
MY A/C hasn't worked for about 4 years now. I never really used it, but sometimes it would be nice to have when its 100 degrees outside and I don't want to have my windows down going down the highway.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Yeah I'm in North Florida with no AC ...not a problem until those humid humid...HUMID days come around and then I get that lovely little sweat circle on my back :thumbsdow

-Derek

K Spec

May 14, 2006
San Diego
supramacist said:
I always run my heater at 85, at least that's what the display says, feels more like a hundred, when I'm speeding.:biglaugh:

Maroon88

I collect BHG's
May 3, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Yellow 13 said:
I drive around naked with the windows down when its hot outside. Way better than A/C.

Is Fairfield in Southern California? If so, and you have leather seats, better have some no stick spray and a spatula to get out of the seats :aigo:

I lived in Las Vegas for 8 years and my Supra only had AC for 1 of them. When you drive around with the windows down and you don't put your arms out of the car because it feels like a hair dryer on it, then you know its hot.

Now I live in Southern Ohio with humidity, and still no AC :cry:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
what do you do on a hot day when its raining? keep the windows open?

i am putting AC in mine when my motor is fixed. it robs you of ZERO power when its not on so whats the difference?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
jetjock said:
lagged is right. The system doesn't weigh much and is worth it when needed. If you want you can do as I and use a vacuum switch or the turbo sensor signal to cut if off when boosting.

cool idea.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Great, now I want to have AC... it's starting to get warm here and the thoughts are a-brewin about reinstalling it with the rest of the car....
Do I dare? I may....