Two Step Launch Control???

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Alright, here is the deal, I have been researching about 2 steps.

First, the msd dis-4, is it just a rpm activated switch or a rev limiter?

Second, the Bee-r, it kinda looks cheap to me, is anyone using it?

Third, I want to know what you guys are running and what you are using to trigger the lower rev limit, as I have a unused button in my cig light from the previous owner that I could use to use when I am wanting to launch, just hold the button and once I launch let off of the button and it will be back to my no rev limit stealth ecu.

Forth, what did you splice it into in the harness and where?

And this is going on a 1jz.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
nick88;1472992 said:
Alright, here is the deal, I have been researching about 2 steps.

First, the msd dis-4, is it just a rpm activated switch or a rev limiter?

Second, the Bee-r, it kinda looks cheap to me, is anyone using it?

Third, I want to know what you guys are running and what you are using to trigger the lower rev limit, as I have a unused button in my cig light from the previous owner that I could use to use when I am wanting to launch, just hold the button and once I launch let off of the button and it will be back to my no rev limit stealth ecu.

Forth, what did you splice it into in the harness and where?

And this is going on a 1jz.

Hi,

I am working on a 2-step for the 7M engines which may be just the thing for your 1JZ. Lets discuss.

2 steps are used for a couple things.

1, when running nitrous or alcohol injection, hitting the factory fuel cut can cause major leanout, blowing headgaskets or worse.

2, when launching with a manual trans, you can set the limit fairly high and get boost while running on the limiter. If you retard the timing you get even more boost, but a lot of popping also.

3, you can use it in conjunction with the clutch switch to cut the engine out while shifting, thus allowing you to leave your right foot planted. This improves boost recovery after the shift.

4, when launching with an automatic trans you can use a combination of cylinder cut and retard to get more boost while brake torquing.

So, tell me more about your car.

Bob

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
turbobob;1476817 said:
Hi,

I am working on a 2-step for the 7M engines which may be just the thing for your 1JZ. Lets discuss.

2 steps are used for a couple things.

1, when running nitrous or alcohol injection, hitting the factory fuel cut can cause major leanout, blowing headgaskets or worse.

2, when launching with a manual trans, you can set the limit fairly high and get boost while running on the limiter. If you retard the timing you get even more boost, but a lot of popping also.

3, you can use it in conjunction with the clutch switch to cut the engine out while shifting, thus allowing you to leave your right foot planted. This improves boost recovery after the shift.

4, when launching with an automatic trans you can use a combination of cylinder cut and retard to get more boost while brake torquing.

So, tell me more about your car.

Bob

I will be using mainly for getting off the line with a rev limit of about 35-4500 rpm.

My car will have a single turbo, most likely a t70 with an exhaust a/r of .68

Supra_Villan;1476845 said:
rush racing? heard its been building great boost on the line vs gizzmo and bee-r

Could you give more info.

kotu100;1477012 said:
subscribed, how bout more info on the MSD?

Thats the main reason I started this thread, when reading the description on MSD's website, it seemed like it was more of a rpm activated switch and that I would have to buy a seperate rev limiter to actually make the 2-step functional with the dis-4.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
AEM EMS just select a level of harshness(put simply) and it programs all the cuts and retards then you just set the RPM range you want. With that said the AEM has like 6 or 8 variables it sets besides just rpm and retard. I have only played with it a little as I have not raced the car but reving to 4000rpm on a T67 I can make 2psi in less then a second on the limiter. I am pretty sure if I bump up the harshness/aggressiveness of the cut a notch or two and bump the RPM to 5K I can make 18psi on the line! I have it setup on one of the softest hitting limiters that my AEM came pre-programmed with there are like 8 choices.

But I am pretty sure Nick S. is running the Bee-Rev limiter with success on his 2J.

HTH,
Seth

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
sethron71;1477030 said:
AEM EMS just select a level of harshness(put simply) and it programs all the cuts and retards then you just set the RPM range you want. With that said the AEM has like 6 or 8 variables it sets besides just rpm and retard. I have only played with it a little as I have not raced the car but reving to 4000rpm on a T67 I can make 2psi in less then a second on the limiter. I am pretty sure if I bump up the harshness/aggressiveness of the cut a notch or two and bump the RPM to 5K I can make 18psi on the line! I have it setup on one of the softest hitting limiters that my AEM came pre-programmed with there are like 8 choices.

But I am pretty sure Nick S. is running the Bee-Rev limiter with success on his 2J.

HTH,
Seth

Thanks, for your input, but AEM isn't really a option for my 1jz.

But this info could help someone else out.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
kotu100;1477420 said:
how good is that rush racing one?
any experience with it?
i have it but i've yet to install. I've heard alot of good from it. A local guy with an rb26 240 has one and says it builds him like 9-10lbs no problem and does so in a quick fashion.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
i have the earlier version though. No fancy controller really. Just a little box with a button on it. Still only 3 wires. And this is the version that they guy i mentioned before has. The new ones look kick ass though.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Quoted from the link posted for Rushracing:

The Rush Racing Development Antilag Launch Control is the best way to get your car out of the hole in a hurry. Testing has shown boost pressures over 18 psi and so far, low 1.50 60 foots. This unit also works with manual transmissions as well as most automatics but results below 3500 rpm may vary. Setting the rpm is done with one simple press of the button and out performs other 2-steps. Installation is a snap with only three wires to hook up and no wires to cut. Be advised that this unit works more like the AEM antilag than the traditional 2-step, so flames from the exhaust are likely. WORLD WIDE SHIPPING AVAILABLE!

Marketing genius..........they know everyone want flames out of their exhaust......:biglaugh:

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
More information on the rush launch control please!!! does any one else have experience with these, really interested, if not i'll just go the bee r rev limited route.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
What about the life of your small turbo going "BANG" and your Engine going "CLING" . All for a 12 sec. Pass in the 1\4 . THINK IT OVER .