Two questions, one about heater controls, other about hesitation

Ron Jefferson

Jun 21, 2012
Virginia
Good afternoon fellow forum frequenters. I am looking for some help. I have a 1990 mkiii that I purchased a little over a month ago. Since then I've aggressively attacked the body fixing some issues and worked on the motor here and there. The car set for 3 years before I got it. When I brought it home I dropped the gas tank and it was nothing but rust. I took care of the rust issue, and put a new filter and pump on. Here is the problem I am having; when I'm driving after I accelerate I notice that after I take my foot off the gas it drops low in rpms almost to the point of it may die. I've changed plugs, wires and all fluids. Thats all I can think of from that issue. The second issue I have is climate controls. The only button that works is auto lol. The other ones work when pushed and held but they dont lock in place like they should. Any ideas? Thank you all for the help.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Almost every supra I've been in the buttons wear out like that..

As for the dying when returning to idle.

First I need you anwser some questions

Does the car have a Atmospheric BOV or stock ?
Do you have a Aftermarket boost gauge?
Have you checked for engine codes ?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Ron Jefferson;1858975 said:
Stock bov, no engine codes being thrown when its hesitating, and no aftermarket boost gauge. Thanks

You should check the engine codes anyhow even if the light is not on and report back.

More then likely its TPS or AFM related or vacuum and boost leaks.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
The coming back to idle is likely either a boost/vacuum leak.

EDIT: Some fast replies in before I was :icon_razz.