two different fuel injectors?

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
Hey everyone- Finally fixed everything and got my car to start
but its missing a cylinder. So I checked spark, plugs, wires, compression
and discovered I have a bad injector. So I switched #2 and #4 injectors, and the dead cylinder moved from #4 to #2. Called the parts store 74 bucks. Not bad. But they said which part number was it, there are two different injectors. OK. So whats the difference? The only thing I can see is the plug- brown or white? They are all 440 cc right? There is also a price difference on OEM like 15 bucks or something. The dealer was too lazy to look into the book and tell me, so Im asking you guys. Help me out so I can finally drive my car. by the way, it's a turbo targa 5speed thanx

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
There should actually be 3 different injectors for the supra. The turbo had low impedance 440cc, and the N/A had both low and high impedance 330cc.

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
actually, they had two different part numbers for the turbo- as in my car uses two different injectors. I called a reputable mechanic, and he said the same thing. Weird. anyway, you guys say it doesn't matter which injector goes where in the fuel rail, even though the injector harness uses two different color pigtails? If so, hooray! one less thing to worry about. Sorry Im so braindead, but this car is my first fuel injected, first turbo and everythings greek to me, ya know? Thanx for the responses.