Twin turbo manifold for 7mgte

Kyle Hartman

Jun 21, 2012
Inwood, WV
I don't wanna go twin, just wanted to see who has cause it would be an interesting build! If I could get 300hp out of my build I'd be happy cause I want it as a daily.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Kyle Hartman;1873485 said:
I don't wanna go twin, just wanted to see who has cause it would be an interesting build! If I could get 300hp out of my build I'd be happy cause I want it as a daily.

If you want to make 300, should be easy enough with a stock CT26 and will retain a nice wide efficiency range (power band). You *might* need to go to a slightly larger turbo. I'm sure there are some on here familiar with the upper limits of the CT26 that could chime in here. I'm just going by what I've heard.

Yeah, twin turbo setups may look cool, but are kind of unnecessary these days with turbo technology and tuning. And again, properly sizing a turbo to match your application goes a LONG way. Bigger is certainly not always better.

Kyle Hartman

Jun 21, 2012
Inwood, WV
Yep, I figured since I have a newly rebuilt motor with 60k original miles I could turn the boost up and make 270 number pretty easily without much modding at all. Hell I'd be ok with 270. Like I said. Daily driving car lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1873187 said:
So outdated it's not funny...

Back in the day we did Twins as they gave MUCH better response than a single of the same power output (talking mid to late 80's here) with mmodern Turbo's and Engine management I can't think of a single valid reason to run twins on a 7M...
Definitely everything posted in here. ;)

veedubin;1873240 said:
This thread made me think about a picture I had seen some time ago - Turns out I actually saved the pic; But I have no idea where I found it.

Quad Turbo 7M:
Err... what is going on there man. There has to be a story out there somewhere. Surprised none of the OG's have mentioned anything about it yet. Definitely an odd one though.

Supracentral;1873278 said:
Which is actually pretty normal. Supra manifolds on big boost cars glow all the time, sometimes the exhaust housing on the turbo does as well.
Same thing happens to my buddy's NA rotary engine. If he runs it high enough rpm for a while, the majority of the exhaust starts to glow. Oddly, it seems to run smoother that way...

veedubin;1873279 said:
I think that motor ended up in a 57-ish chevy belair or something. I have seen that pop up on facebook in it's finished form. Nice looking car, but I really think 8 turbos is excessive
I'm trying to figure out where all these pipes lead, it is like anatomy all over again! :aigo:

Kyle Hartman;1873485 said:
More or less stock 1j/2j and you're there. 7m, it is as easy as a little bit of headwork and good pipes. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Silent Deatz;1873767 said:
I would say its a fake.
Only reason I'm inclined to agree, that would lead to some really weird division of exhaust pulses wouldn't it? I mean, it is almost as odd (to me at least) as a v8 running a 6 barrel carb. Why wouldn't you just go for one barrel per cylinder?

Or in this case, divide the turbos by an equal number of cylinders. Otherwise I just can't see it working well at all.

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
You guys are rediculous, lol. That quad turbo pic is a photoshop and a bad one at that.

Speaking of twin turbo 7M's, I just this up. The smaller of the 2 sets of greddy turbos belong to it. TD05-16g's.
p1888236_1.jpg

p1888236_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SD2JZA70;1888236 said:
You guys are rediculous, lol. That quad turbo pic is a photoshop and a bad one at that.
We're the ridiculous ones, but you're a bit late to the party... :p