Twin loop muffler

Suprachad27

Dec 30, 2006
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
So I got a question, would this muffler work on a 7mgte that is fairly stock, give or take a few add ons. My current exhaust is a megan racing 3 inch dp, no cat, and three inch all the way back, just looking for a good muffler.

It is a three inch inlet and outlet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...022QQitemZ350023976827QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Not saying I will go with this brand as there are other brands out there. But figured I would post this so you can get the idea. What do you think? Will it hinder performance?

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
I don't c how that thing could out performe a straight threw muffler. That thing looks ridcouls. Im going to make a mufler that has like 7 loops and like a few zig zages and then make it come out back wards.

shit people makes blows me away

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
They were originally marketed so a car like a CRX could have a front to back facing muffler and still get some noise reduction. Given the space we have under there, I can't see a need, but whatever floats your boat!

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
bgrieger;941269 said:
They were originally marketed so a car like a CRX could have a front to back facing muffler and still get some noise reduction. Given the space we have under there, I can't see a need, but whatever floats your boat!

This is ture.

Why would you want that thing it's ugly and theres no need for it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
It's been discussed before:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31263&highlight=muffler

Jeff Lange said:
While it might look odd, it's actually a very good design and performs and (more importantly) sounds well. When it's installed on the car, you can't see the loop, and it looks quite nice too.

366026_3_full.jpg

Suprachad27

Dec 30, 2006
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
I have also heard that there is some company(besides obx) that makes these for the STI's so they must work on a turboed car. Or at least I would think.

I mean right now I have a Megan racing muffler on there that I want to replace. It is a 3inch but is loud enough that in my area I basically have to have the resonator in at all times, which restricts it like crazy. Dam cops!!!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Man, after reading the other thread I wanna slap some fools...

It's a high flowing version of a crappy OEM style muffler.

Most mufflers zig zag inside the actual unit, this just has the piping exposed and is straight through...