twin fuel rail 7mgte

24vtoy

May 17, 2011
durban
hi guys

has this ever been attempted

Twin feed fuel rail for the 7mgte

ive got 2 sets of 440cc injectors so im trying to figure out how i can use them :icon_razz

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I think you would burn up the stock ECU injector outputs anyways running dual coils of each of them. Unless you are stand alone and have an ability to run 8 injector circuits I wouldn't recommend doing it

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If your needing that much fuel should already have a standalone.

I wouldn't pay more than 40$ a set either.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ThAts what I would pay. If they were cleaned and flow tested 60-70.

But there 19-25 year old stock injectors so...

Also you can domestic 80/lb injectors from pre for like 360$. Much cheaper safer way of going about things.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Devin LeBlanc;1726861 said:
I think you would burn up the stock ECU injector outputs anyways running dual coils of each of them. Unless you are stand alone and have an ability to run 8 injector circuits I wouldn't recommend doing it

You could use either Mosfets, Solid State relays or even Ign igniters to run the 2nd bath but the fact still remains if you lose an injector you have built a blowtorch....

There's a reason AIC's went the way of the Dodo, these days large injectors are cheap and reliable so there's no reason to run duals.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Yeah that could be done, Just half the people would not go through the trouble of doing so, they would probably just parallel off the harness and end up frying something.

Hvyman, Ill be using 780CC injectors on a stock ECU.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Never said you couldn't. Your also using e85 which needs a lot more fuel for the same hp.

If I was you I would be investing into some kind of standalone to make better use if the fuel. Stock ecu is the limiting factor in your setup.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
IJ.;1726876 said:
You could use either Mosfets, Solid State relays or even Ign igniters to run the 2nd bath but the fact still remains if you lose an injector you have built a blowtorch....

There's a reason AIC's went the way of the Dodo, these days large injectors are cheap and reliable so there's no reason to run duals.

My Dodo Device is in the shed waiting for incorporation into my build... someday... maybe...

...and yes, I am old, not extinct, but working on it SLOWLY... and perhaps a bit "odd" so it's all okay.:biglaugh:

(Someone has to carry the torch for the yesteryear yahoo's among us!;))

-crisp

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
We use a dual fuel rail and dual set of injectors on the Malta dragster as a staged set up. 861 cc on the primary rail and 1200c on the secondary rail. Not really needed for a street car.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
suprarich;1726939 said:
We use a dual fuel rail and dual set of injectors on the Malta dragster as a staged set up. 861 cc on the primary rail and 1200c on the secondary rail. Not really needed for a street car.

Fuel volume in EXCESS of many engine displacements! THAT's a LOT of fuel, Rich!:aigo:

-crisp

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
suprarich;1726939 said:

wow...holy fuel..

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
found pic!
p1732044_1.jpg

oddly enough it is for sale here on the fourms.... http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...e-ported-head-gm-trans-adaptor-etc..-for-sale.