Turn signal not working - have searched.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hi guys, my turn signals randomly went out last week. Didn't do anything prior to the time they went out. 91 turbo 5 speed.

1. My haz works, and i hear the flasher relay clicks when haz is pressed.
2. No indicators on cluster at all, nothing works when i try to use the switch on the stalk.
3. I know our cars tend to have the combo switch problem, but i haven't experienced buzzing sounds at all. Worked great and then randomly just stopped working.
4. Fuse is good, might check it again to make sure.
5. HOW THE F DO YOU TAKE THE FLASHER RELAY OUT. I can't take it out to test another one. Like, it's really hard to pull that thing out. Bulbs are good as they come on when I use the haz button.

Did a lot of searching, everyone seems to forgot to install their haz button or bad stalk ( most seems to experienced buzzing sound before it goes completely dead. Everything still works great).

It's really annoying to not have the turns working plus it's not safe at all.
Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks!

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
I had a similar problem with mine also, my symptoms were when ever i put the turn signals on they wouldn't come on or blink and if they came on it stayed on without blinking. .. I got to change the flasher relay and that solved my problem. But for some reason it was very hard to remove it i had to grab it with some pliers and basically destroy it.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Just wanted to update this thread. Haven't solved my problem yet but have done the following.
1. Tested flasher and it was good, also swapped one from a working supra.
2. Test combo switch and also tested on another car and it was good.

I will check my fuse again, last checked was good. And will make sure it gets good connections to the fuse box.

Anyone else have any good idea where else to look?