turboxs rfl?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
is it actually "Really F%*#in Loud"?
i'm on a budget and my stock bov's a pos, so i'm wonderin how these sound and if anyone has soundclips/videos of em?
i'm running stock boost right now, so basically i just want somethin loud and cheap so i can deal with not having a stereo.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
buy a bosch bov. They are like 40 or 45 bucks and they are the best bov for the supra owner on a budget

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Poodles said:
:3d_frown:

not so much, eh? i really want a ssqv with that adaptor pipe from jscspeed.com but 260's pretty damn spendy. bosch doesn't seem too appealing... i don't need to budget THAT much.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
87mgte said:
not so much, eh? i really want a ssqv with that adaptor pipe from jscspeed.com but 260's pretty damn spendy. bosch doesn't seem too appealing... i don't need to budget THAT much.

Leave it stock. A real RFL will cost 120 bucks.. Add pipe and other stuff clost to 200... Thats not a budget.

As for the SSQV. I hate those high pitch sound. I will get rid of mine when I have the time and money.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
remove the insert in the SSQV and it shuts up...

I run a racing type II replica and it's quiet... a little too quiet, but I have mine recirc.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Datsrboi said:
Leave it stock. A real RFL will cost 120 bucks.. Add pipe and other stuff clost to 200... Thats not a budget.

As for the SSQV. I hate those high pitch sound. I will get rid of mine when I have the time and money.

really? i love the high pitched sound. everything else sounds so plain... it's just a rush of air basically. i can't leave it stock though because both the hoses comin off the stock bov are completely raped, and i'm too lazy to go get more.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Here is an older video of my car when it was 7m and I had the Turbo XS bov. If you listen to it early when he first shifts you can hear it.

Here I am driving my wife's car and it has the same bov. This is Aaron from www.driftmotion.com driving and filming.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Datsrboi said:
I love the way the RFL sounds, just hate their leaking problems I hear. (BOOOOO)

What a coincidence this thread was brought up. I met a guy with a VR-4 a while back and finally got to see his car yesterday and check it out. It came with all of the stuff that was on it already. It had a knock-off of the RFL on it, but it was deffinitely an attention grabber when he shifted. It was a nice change to the ssqv sound I hear all the time from the rest of the turbo cars around here. I did push out a lot air though at idle, but once I blipped the tbody it closed right up.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
bluemkiii said:
I have an rfl shoot me an offer if your interested.

well a full kit to replace the stock bov is 165, so unless you have a full kit i'd give you like 100?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
suprahero said:
What do you think about the way it sounded on my cars?

whoa i didn't even see your reply till just now. it sounds amazingon yours, but i'm at stock boost so it probably won't be as loud on mine. i'm sold though.

kyle1jzsupra

Sep 17, 2007
fort worth
i have this same bov but i dont know wht rfl stands for but i believe i have a knock off with a 20 lb spring put in it and the stock spring for 6 lbs and i was wondering how would u put this on the ic pipe because theres no flange for it

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
kyle1jzsupra said:
i have this same bov but i dont know wht rfl stands for but i believe i have a knock off with a 20 lb spring put in it and the stock spring for 6 lbs and i was wondering how would u put this on the ic pipe because theres no flange for it

the setup i was lookin at replaces the stock bov, i dunno about a weld-on application though.

rfl- "really fuckin loud" as far as i've heard, but it might mean somethin else.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
kyle1jzsupra said:
1) im pretty sure you cant change the spring in these bov's
2) if by some change you do have a spring change, you said you are running stock boost. Therefore if you have a 20lb spring the bov will cause you to have MAJOR compressor surge.
3) You have alot of reading up to do my friend before you really kill your car.