TurboXS FCD opinions

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
Searched but couldn't find any threads on this product. Anyone tried or using a TurboXS FCD? I like the fact that it allows you to bump up and adjust FCO level without completely removing overboost protection. See description below:

"Finally a fuel cut defender that you don't have to hit fuel cut to adjust. Completely universal, this device allows you to raise your over-boost fuel cut so you can boost to your hearts content. While many devices completely eliminate the boost cut, the TurboXS FCD allows you to raise the fuel cut limit but still have an over-boost setting."

Last edited:

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
Other than the obvious risk of grenading an engine, which could happen without a FCD installed and a faulty injector, care to explain why I should stay away from this FCD? I agree that completely removing FCO is a bad idea, but since this FCD is adjustable, I don't see why it would be so risky as long as you monitored A/F ratios and was sensible with boost levels.

I'm going to install a MAFT Pro soon, but for the mean time I just want to bump up FCO a few psi so I'm not hitting it on cool nights now that fall is here.

C.44 said:
Make sure the engine is tuned properly, maybe go MAFT Pro but stay away from FCD's, even if they're adjustable.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
So I guess they should not say "Completely universal" anymore. Maby you should hold off till you go MAFT PRO anyway. We dont want you blowing anything up. I know waiting sucks but the "safe then sorry" allways pops into my head.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
Agreed . . .

JMDigital said:
So I guess they should not say "Completely universal" anymore. Maby you should hold off till you go MAFT PRO anyway. We dont want you blowing anything up. I know waiting sucks but the "safe then sorry" allways pops into my head.