Turbocharger Model ST1

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Anyone ever heard of this Turbocharger. I cant seem to find anything online about it so I figured that I would ask here. Seems like a good T4 Based turbo but I would like to find out specifics on it.

Any help would be Appreciated.

Robert

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
This section doesnt get to much flow. So youll have to be patient. But if your looking for a quick response, PM Doward. He is the turbo guru. So he can help you out.

Hope this helps

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Finally got some Pics, I took one of every number that I could find on it.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the 4th Pic number are right under #2 data Plate.

If I knew how to get the Specs of the wheels I would get that also. Can anyone tell me what the Proper Procedure is.

Thanks
Robert

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Looks to be one of the cheap chinese/ebay turbos. Most just say "turbocharger" on them like this one.

You'll have to measure everything to really know what you have though.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Is there a Write up or something that will show me how to correctly measure it. Also in your Opinion, What is it worth. I seen one just like this for $550 and Im gunning for a Precision 6762

I know the Enducer/exducer but do I measure from the blade edge (the Sharp point) to get the correct measurements.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Looking at SS Autochrome Website in there Turbo Section, I found a Turbo that looks Exactly like this one. Its says its a T4 GT66 in the Listing but then it also states something about a GT45.

I emailed them but nothing back as of yet.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Ive been told that also. Again, Its been said to be a GT66 but if so, I dont see why it would have the ST1 model on it (Unless the Compressor Housing has been changed). Rear Housing is said to be a AR.84 so I like that but Im still up in the Air on how to Properly measure the Diameter of the Compressor and turbine wheels so I can post them up.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Based on some googling, it may be a T61 trim. Notice that the serial number starts with T61.

If that is the case, if you measure the inlet diameter, it would be around 61mm.

Appears to be an SSauto turbo, copy of a master power turbo.

Many of the copy cat turbos will use the exducer size in their name to make it appear larger than what is.

For example, the Super T70, has a 61mm inducer, and a 70mm exducer (which is where the name comes from).

You have to take off the front cover, then use a caliper to measure the small part of the compressor wheel (inducer), then the large part of the compressor wheel (exducer).

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Ok, Everything is Apart, I did some measurements (3 Times to make sure) and this is what it Measured out at. Picures just so I know I did it correctly.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SO let me know what you think the HP rating is. Also, Where can I get a Compressor housing O-rings from? When I took the Compressor cover off, I noticed that the Gasket was ripped/snagged pretty bad to the Point that I need to replace it. Someone let me know.

Robert

Last edited:

bhg4life

Frozen
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton
This looks like the exact same turbo that is on my car. It's from XS Power and is informally called a T61. It came with their 2JZ-NAT kits.

http://www.xs-power.com/toyota-turbo-kits-1.htm

i'm using this turbo on a 1JZ. It's quite laggy with full boost at 5000 RPM and i've been considering an alternative for a while now. Not bad on the top end. I don't have a dyno sheet myself, but the seller said he did 415 RWHP on a 1JZ with cams at 18 psi. I've ran it to 20 psi without issue for the last 10k.

Hope that helps.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
wow.... Full boost at 5000

I definitely would love for you to take a Picture of your turbo (If you would) as I would love to compare the two. Mine hits full boost at about 4000 but this is on a 7MGTE and not a 1J.

If you look at there website, the Super T70 looks Exactly like the one that I have also. Now Im really starting to wonder but mine does have the T61 in the serial number castings.

http://www.xs-power.com/turbos-2.htm

Do you think you can take that pic and send it to me, Also does yours have that same data plate on it.

Thanks
Robert

bhg4life

Frozen
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton
Something tells me I think its the same compressor section, but with a T4 exhaust housing instead of the T3 on the Super 70.

I'll try and remember to take that pic for you and look at the data plate.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
bhg4life;1499575 said:
Something tells me I think its the same compressor section, but with a T4 exhaust housing instead of the T3 on the Super 70.

I'll try and remember to take that pic for you and look at the data plate.

Ok, If this is infact teh case, I wonder what these turbos are good for. I just got Quoted from a friend of mine that he has a GT4067R that he wants 1600 for. I need to look up those Specs also.

Robert

bhg4life

Frozen
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton
The pictures came out kinda crappy but I can confirm that the Part no + model + first part of the serial number are the exact same as yours.

BTW I think I have the exact same coffee pot as you too.