Turbo timer help

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I have searched and searched and found a bunch of threads but none that answer my question. I want to install a generic turbo timer that I have had sitting on my shelf for a while now at least until I get my alarm and remote start. I do not have the PnP harness nor do I want to buy one. I want to just tap the wires and be done with it. I looked on google and bing for wiring diagrams and couldn't find any for the supra and the ones I found for the TTs doesn't match the wire colors of the one I have (harness looks like this except the 2 smaller wires on mine are red and black http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/dingybobstuart/1.jpg) and my turbo timer did not come with any instructions. Is it similar to this diagram here http://s90139951.onlinehome.us/vw/ttinstall/ttinstall.jpg except I am sure the colors listed in parenthesis are going to be wrong for the supra. I have never installed one before so any help is appreciated. I know buying the plug and play harness is recommended and makes installation a breeze but I don't have the extra money right now because of Christmas for my 2 boys and the fact I got laid off at work.

Thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions/help
Chris

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Maybe I am having a slow moment but I don't see the wires needed for install. Then again I am not sure which ignition wires I need to tap. I'll check into it good and hard before I start.

Chris

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Bulkierzero;1975793 said:
I understand if you have one and/or you just want one but our turbos are water cooled so a turbo timer is not really needed.

Its one I just have laying around that came with a generic turbo kit from Ebay that I got when I was doing my Honda. I bought the kit for a few pieces and sold most of what I didn't need or want and this thing is one of the few things that didn't sell.

Still can't figure out which wires are what so I think I am just gonna leave it alone for now and rewire my sunroof. PO silliconed it shut and the harness that plugs into the switch is all busted up and some wires are broken off and need to be extended.

Chris