Turbo swap options?

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
I need to upgrade the turbo but i need to know what options i have. Where can i find a bolt on turbo? Or if there is a adpter flange to bolt up t4 to the cast iron exhaust manifold. What is the most inexpensive way to upgrade the turbo. I am in the middle of a engine rebuild and dont whant that ct-26 back on it. Please help if you can.

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
A brand new turbo bolt on will be quite expensive. You should really consider a rebuilt and upgraded ct-26 in a 57 trim or bigger.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
here's a list for all i could think of that still uses stock manifold:

- upgrade ct (trim levels - 57, 58, 59, 60-1, 62)
- turbonetics To4 with ct26 exhaust flange for stock fitment
- sp61gt with ct26 exhaust flange for stock fitment (internally gated)
- sp61gt full kit with external wastegate. Comes with adapter for use of external gate between turbo and manifold, aswell as different exhaust housing
- spacer to allow use of any T4 flanged turbo (ebay has good ones right now)
- spacer to allow use of any T3 flanged turbo (ebay has good ones right now)
- LIPP BOSS turbo with ct26 exhaust flange for stock fitment (internally gated, choice of single or double gates)

There's probably more but I'm all out for now.
eric

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
I'm pretty happy with a 57 Trim. I've been thinking about upgrading away from the CT. I've considered the To4e...aka T3/T4. Considered to be one of the most over-rated and most commmon turbo's of all time...BUT, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. What info do you guys know about them as far as performance goes(for our Supras)?