Turbo rebuild question

clos91T

Jun 29, 2008
Ocala, Florida, United States
My Stock turbo has been making a whinning noise, and has a lot of play on the shaft. I can get a stock rebuild for $300 to 350 or a 57 trim upgrade for $500. The engine is a stock rebuild, less than 500 miles, with TMS HG and ARP studs. I am planing on getting the upgrade and running about 8 PSI until I can upgrade the injectors and install the lex AFM. I already have a walboro fuel pump, HKS super drager and intake. Anithing I should be aware of with this set up?

Thanx in advance

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Don't forget to retorque the head studs, if you havent already. I'd do 85 lbs-ft. And I think you'll need a Fuel Pressure Regulator. Of course, some kind of fuel controller (s-afc or Neo, etc) could help you a lot, not to mention some dyno time.That setup is good for some decent power, methinks.

clos91T

Jun 29, 2008
Ocala, Florida, United States
I forgot to mention the FPR, yes thats part of the fuel upgrades I have planned. Along with the Neo. I might as well do a retorque while I wait for the turbo.

Thanks for the response
I also forgot to mention it is an automatic transmission.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
a wideband to add! Its a must if your changing things outisde of the ecu's control or something it wasnt tuned for.