turbo pressure gauge

juggernaut

Jul 9, 2006
South Carolina
My stock turbo pressure gauge quite working. I recently replaced the turbo pressure sensor w/ a used one one that I bought on ebay..That didnt fix the problem.Is there anyway I can test that turbo pressure sensor to see if it is still the problem. maybe I just bought dude presure sensor. how should go about troubleshooting this problem..

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Aftermarket boost gauge and replace the one in the dash with a volt meter :)

sorry... just what i'd do in that situation.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
if the needle is all the way down and it doesnt read boost you have a vac leak somewhere... mine did that when vac hoses were unplugged (the one on my cruise control was the trouble one actually..)

now if the sensor isnt working or if its unplugged the needle will be up all the time...

and yes the guage does suck... replace it with a voltmeter and get yourself an aftermarket boost guage :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Wills7MGTE said:
I have an aftermarket autometer boost guage, and when it's at o psi aka vacuum, the stocker reads 4 or 5 depending. SO YEA THE STOCK ONES JUNK

mine was just slow to show boost, doesnt really matter for me though i never raised the boost :):) i jsut wanted to see vac hehe

juggernaut

Jul 9, 2006
South Carolina
thanks for the help. I just purchased a BLITZ BLK DC4 DUAL TURBO TIMER from ebay it has a boost gauge. So as soon as I get it in the mail, I'll see if the stock boost gauge is truely the problem. I'll also check out the vaccum hoses. Is it uncommon for the turbo pressure sensor to go bad. If not how could you check it out w/ a meter?

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
My stock boost gauge was accurate I tested it with vac/pressure pump with a gauge. Its just painfully slow and the vacume side of the gauge doesn't tell you much.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
so i won't throw a code or anything if i remove this sensor? Because i running my vacuum lines and ran into this thing and i didn't know where to run it, but i have an aftermarket gauge so can i ditch this sensor? i also have the voltmeter installed

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Wills7MGTE;685037 said:
I have an aftermarket autometer boost guage, and when it's at o psi aka vacuum, the stocker reads 4 or 5 depending. SO YEA THE STOCK ONES JUNK

0 psi isn't vacuum, it is 14.7 psi. If I am reading what you wrote correctly. 0 means 0 over atmosphere.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
like this?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

not too hard, just time consuming.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Supra_Villan;1276808 said:
so i won't throw a code or anything if i remove this sensor? Because i running my vacuum lines and ran into this thing and i didn't know where to run it, but i have an aftermarket gauge so can i ditch this sensor? i also have the voltmeter installed
anyone?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, ditch the sensor and get rid of the T and line to it...

It functions like an aftermarket electronic boost gauge, it's not connected to the ECU.