Turbo oil/drain line question.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
This has been a nightmare from hell, I swapped out the stock steel turbo oil drain line for the stainless kit sold by MDC for my ct26. The kit quality is very nice, my only issue was the pressure pipe is a little too close to the compressor on the turbo and made getting the coupler and clamp on the turbo a pain. I did a bunch of other repairs/mods like relocating the oil filter and using an rx7 oil cooler(due to the factory oil filter housing leaking like a siv). Got everything back together, used factory toyota gaskets throughout and the oil drain is still leaking from the drain flange... retorqued everything, still leaks. Ive been told to never use rtv in that location but I am running out of ideas. Anybody?

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Im an anal bastard, that flange was spot on the money(I straight edged, its a good product). Ive used two different gaskets before, I used a paper and then the toyota metal gasket(coated). Both leaked. Is it possible that the center cartridge is leaking externally ???? From what I can tell, the mounting nut and stud on the pressure side of MDC's flange is wet, so its either that gasket or maybe the turbo? Pure speculation.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Possible, but not likely.

You sure you have the hose ends on nice and tight?

Try putting a washer UNDER each nut, but on top of the flange. Re-torque.

Im seen CT26's dribble oil before, and that was because the rear seal was shot. :-(

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
yeah, this is is a steady drip, drip every second. Its been rebuilt once in its lifetime very recently. I will do the washers, retorque, check straightness, all that jazz. If this doesnt fix it, I think I will take it in to the shop(I never thought I would ever type that). Im running out of knuckles to bust.