turbo lag question

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
Traction in first and second is bad and if the road is wet you have to be careful when the turbo kicks in, i think for that goal, and if i had the money again, i would go with a garrett gt42 26psi should do it(used about 1700) with 0.92A/R, 850cc injectors (550) a Map ecu (350) and forged internals. Dont forget the slick tires cuase that lack of traction would make you look bad in the track :cry:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
super supra dave;1065731 said:
go to Driftmotion.com. aaron has put a turbo kit together that has everything youll need. and for wanting to make 500hp with 4g, well the one thing you have to know is speed = money. just in my head alone i have over 3g. and the bottom end will end up running me about 2.5g. dont know how well it will work out cuz i still have to get everything machined before i put it all together. wish you luck tho, happy building to you.

Speed = Time + money. The more time spent on looking for deals, and the more you fabricate, the less money is needed.
My single setup has cost me under $600 so far, and I have a turbo($40 Holset HX35w, no shaft play and spins freely) , mani (XSpower) and downpipe(XSpower). New wastegate actuator will cost me $100 (from ATP TURBO), my 440s were free (through trades) and my AFC cost me $100. Oil lines will run me ~200 or so (hopefully) and I am reusing my stock 1jz intercooler. All that is left after that is tuning and hardpipes (with mounting the BOV).

Just remember that all of this is on top of my 1jz swap and setup. Make sure that your motor will take the abuse that you give it BEFORE you go about a bigger turbo. An upgraded CT26 (read NOT A LIPP/BOSS/SP61) is just about the max I would put on a stock 7m.