figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well

if it is the xspower kits

the manifolds need ALOT of rewelding

The turbos are held together with glue

other than that no waste gate. All hose need to be provided by yourself. Buy it and tell us if it is true ;) hehe

ryans_supra

Mar 31, 2005
Burnaby
if you like putting dog shit on your car.
way to many horror stories with the product and fitment issues from hell.
like figgie said, with lots of rewelding you can make a good product out of the manifolds.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
madseacow said:
I thought all turbos (atleast the ct-26) were held together with adhesive backed by bolts.

Um no.

Any who, on with the turbo kit...

I've seen those kits go for above $500.

As stated, I have heard....

The turbos blow smoke as they are rejects from the factory...

The IC's tend to burst under high boost because of cheap welds...

The flanges on the headers are warped....

The headers aren't 100% welded...

The headers crack...

Wastegates don't have correct if any spring in them....

Try it and let us know. I've been bidding on them forever, but I always loose out @ $400.

I wanted to get ahold of it and either copy it or tell them its the biggest POS in the world, and let all of us know.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
My buddy bought his 4g63 SSautochrom kit for $800 4 weeks ago. The fit and finish is second to none!

I have only seen one legit story of the housings blownig apart...and it looked like the turbo sucked something into it...

a housing just does not blow apart......other less strong points in the charging line to the TB would blow open and realease the over pressure before the al. housing would crack...

just think about it...

-Jonathan

westonboege

May 25, 2005
providence RI
ive seen pictures of their kits for hondas where the weld broke on the mani and the turbo was just hanging in the engine bay by the oil lines...

you get what you pay for.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
But the hond turbos HANG on the manifold....this manifold for ours, the turbo SITS on the manifold. All you do is go to a muffler shop and get two pieces of bar stock ( 1/4 to 1/2 thick and around 6-8" long) and have them weld them on...that would be MORE than enough support.

Again, the honda design HANGS where ours sits on the manifold.

-Jonathan

M

mrfaaast

I have heard all the way to Sweden about those crappy turbs, it´s a no buy :3d_frown:

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well i'll be sure to share my experience with the turbo

i just bought one off ebay.. xs power one
it's a TO4S.. not really heard of that but capable of over 500bhp so it'll do my 400 fine and apparently spools quickly

when i get her running i'll let you know if it breaks LOL

boosted_88

Jun 21, 2005
DO NOT BUT ANY OF THAT CRAP!!!!!!!!!! it's all junk,I have installed 2 ssautochrome kits on honda's and both took a crap after a maximum of 12 weeks,and I have a friend of mine with the ssautocrap ebay special kit on his supra and we took it off after it only gained less then 40 hp and the intercooler cracked and the turbo starting making a very very bad noise and starting smoking........save your money and buy the real deal! you get what you pay for! :nono:

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well i got the turbo.... looks pretty damned nice to me
.6ar front housing
1.15ar exhaust

actual wheel measurements i'm not sure... but it looks wicked!!

shipping was damned good... they posted it fri which is my sat... i got it on my monday :D damn fast!!!
i'll let you know if it breaks LOL