Turbo expectations

7mgte1988

7M-Runner
Sep 22, 2008
Orlando
Hi guys Ive had this turbo of mine for some years now and its never been used...
I know turbos have AR ratio's so what I have here is an 1.15 T4 on the stock injectors what are my expectations out of this...

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Super lagggg. And stock injectors are a no no. They will max out quick, if you have the supporting mods to support the turbo. But if your going with a bigger turbo, why not upgrade your fuel as well?

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Well considering that number you posted is borderline useless without the compressor wheel and exhaust turbine wheel sizes it is impossible to say. A/R Is a ratio of turbine housing cross section area compared to the size of the turbocharger.

#2 on this page http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech102.html#b

If its a very small turbo that A/R may not be too bad, Though it most likely is too large of an exhaust housing.

Stock injectors have nothing to do with spooling or supporting a turbocharger.

Fuel injectors are proportional to power level. You need X fuel to mix with Y air to make Z Horsepower.

If you take the size of the injector in CC's, subtract 50 the number your left with should be a guideline of the power they can support on a 7M. Example 550's are good to about 500 WHEEL horsepower. Again This is APPROXIMATE and any car should be tuned on a dyno with proper equipment and your results may and will vary.

Find out the diameter of the small and large side of the compressor and exhaust wheels and then we can tell you how much power to expect. Or find out the model of turbo and post that. Otherwise that A/R Number is useless.

7mgte1988

7M-Runner
Sep 22, 2008
Orlando
IDk the actual size of the compressor wheel but the turbine itself is a little bit bigger than stock heres a photo
attachment.php

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Take the turbo off the manifold and remove the bolts from the center section side of the compressor housing.

Carefully remove the aluminum housing from the turbo.

Then measure the large and small portions of the wheel.

This is the only way other then knowing a model number what the turbo is capable of.