Turbo Exhaust Manifold recommendation.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Ive been looking and looking but maybe not in the correct Place. Just trying to get an Idea on what Style Turbo Manifold you all are running on your 7MGTEs to make power above the 600-700hp mark. Ive seen and Im currently using the SS Autochrome mani but the Wastegate hangs down so far that its about 1/2" from my rack and Pinion. I also want to raise the turbo up like a few of the 2J guys have. I can build an Adapter if necessary but I want a Different manifold all together.

I know that Ron R. can build me one for $1000 but Im looking to see what else is out there.

Any recommendations and if you have one, a Site or for sale ad were one is Avaliable.

Thanks all.

Robert

Last edited:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
supraguy31;1488630 said:
Ive been looking and looking but maybe not in the correct Place. Just trying to get an Idea on what Style Turbo Manifold you all are running on your 7MGTEs to make power above the 600-700hp mark. Ive seen and Im currently using the SS Autochrome mani but the Wastegate hangs down so far that its about 1/2" from my rack and Pinion. I also want to raise the turbo up like a few of the 2J guys have. I can build an Adapter if necessary but I want a Different manifold all together.

I know that Ron R. can build me one for $1000 but Im looking to see what else is out there.

Any recommendations and if you have one, a Site or for sale ad were one is Avaliable.

Thanks all.

Robert

Try the right section. :)

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
The HKS cast iron one in the 4-sale section is a good place to start.
There was a Blitz cast iron one a few weeks ago,
but I bought that one :naughty:

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Ive seen that one but Ive also been told that those Styles dont flow all that well (correct me if Im wrong please). Told that the long runner style is what Im looking for. Again, I dont know much about these as Im just going off word of Month.

Do they clear the Oil filter port or do I still have to use that Adapter like all stock Turbos have?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
If you're looking to ditch the SSAC for something authentic, the SSAC is modeled heavily after the Greddy tubular manifold. I've got one- it's beautiful. :)

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
shaeff;1488819 said:
If you're looking to ditch the SSAC for something authentic, the SSAC is modeled heavily after the Greddy tubular manifold. I've got one- it's beautiful. :)

The only Problem that I have with this Manifold (SSAC) is that the Flange for the Wastegate just hangs too far down. Im running a HKS Wastegate and I only have a 1/2" if that clearance from my rack and Pinion. Im not for sure if I can modify that one.

Also, Im getting ready to start running Anti-lag and I dont think that those Manifolds are going to hold up. I could be wrong though.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Depends on how much you use it like everything else. Only time this will be a factor is during drag season and not that much even then. Ofcourse I already have a Spare turbo ready to go in case this one decides to let go.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
This is the Current Manifold that Im running now. If you notice how far the flange hangs down. Also looking for something that will allow the turbo to sit higher. I can build an Adapter but I know that there are manifold out there that will solve atleast 1 of the 2 Problems.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
you could just modify the waste gate flange to sit higher and there's a couple people in the vendor section that make and sell adapters and do custom welding.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
hvyman;1489298 said:
you could just modify the waste gate flange to sit higher and there's a couple people in the vendor section that make and sell adapters and do custom welding.

I was looking at the way the Flange pipe drop down, Thinking that It would be pretty hard to Modify that flange. Adapter is Pretty easy to build though.