Turbo decisions!

TravisD62

Jul 2, 2010
Alberta
Alright guys, I'm having a hell of a time deciding on which turbo to go for on my VVTI 1JZ swap. I'm going to be shooting for high horsepower, ideally around 500 on pump gas, and then 700 or so with either e85 or meth injection (haven't decided yet). I also plan on building the head in this car and making a super high revving motor for no other reason than just because. I will likely run BC 272's and hope to have a turbo that can hold out on the top end long enough to make use of those cams, an ~8500rpm redline would be deadly! Anyways, my research for turbos has been kind of confusing and at the moment I'm leaning towards either a Precision 6266, Borg Warner s363, or an s362 FMW. I'll be running these off of the suprastore "Pro series" turbo kit, and all come standard with one of the kits. Can anyone comment with experience etc. at which may be best for my goals? I'm also very interested in the Holset turbos, I just don't understand what I'm missing or why there aren't more people running them or even BW's? They seems ridiculously cheap to obtain and rebuild, and make a lot of power, seriously, what am I missing? Anyways, open to any suggestions anyone may have, hoping to get things right the first time and buy what's going to make me happy and not have to purchase again in the future. Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Borgwarner is coming out with a new sx-e line up soon with billet wheels. Similar to the s362 fmw.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
6466 is dyno proven. In a few weeks, I'll see what it's limit is on Sound Performance's dyno. 9,000rpm for the experiment.