Turbo Clamp

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
True that, my turbo is out on mine. Anytime I get a wild hair and decide to drive my supra, it will drink oil if I put boost to it ;). Oh, I just remembered that MDC rebuilds CT's, PM him and see what he can do for you ;).

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
:ban: I'm an idiot. (Don't need anyone to agree, thank you very much.) I went back and re-read the description. Funny how one's eyes can read over certain parts when they really want something. I just now noticed that it's listed to connect the exhaust housing outlet to the downpipe not the exhaust housing to the compressor housing. :nono:

Either way, we'll see what the seller says. Perhaps he might have something that will work.

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
stupid question: do you think you could stretch/open up the v-band to make it fit.:dunno:
i went to toyota too and they looked at me like i was crazy. i know im bein cheap but i broke one of mine and wasn't tryin to have it rebuilt cuz the turbo itself was perfecly fine.

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
Talking to the turbo guys via email that sell the clamp I was looking at said that most likely any vband clamp that is wide enough to accomodate the flange would be too wide and would not fit in the narrow space anyway. So, looks like stock for us only. That is of course someone really wants to fab one, and I don't see that happening as it'd probably be cheaper to just go buy an upgraded turbo.

SupraStorm1080

IT'S A LIVE!!!
Apr 19, 2006
riverside, SO cal
supra87t/t4 said:
I have a clamp from a broken turbo that I took off last weekend, I can send it to you if you want. Toyota wouldn't even sell you just the clamp, you'd have to buy a whole turbo. I'm sure there are plenty of people with broken CT26's out there that could get you a clamp.

awesome, how much do you want for it shipped?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
SupraStorm1080 said:
ok i won't, but what would happen if i did? does the whole turbo just split?

i drove my car for about a month between turbos by accident w/o the clamp. i was very careful to NEVER boost on it. the 2 halves of the turbo did indeed start to seperate and oil and water started to mix some (and started to leak) the top parts are separated by about 1/4 an inch or less. i promptly pulled the turbo and parked the car after i figured out i was missing the clamp.

the weird thing was the the turbo had bad shaft play to start out and then after i drove on it and the housings started to seperate it tightened up alot to where there was no shaft play and still spun freely. {Shrug}

SupraStorm1080

IT'S A LIVE!!!
Apr 19, 2006
riverside, SO cal
haha wtf, i don't think ill drive on it, but its good to konw that i can at least try to start my car because i just finally put the head and everything back on after a blown headgasket and i can't wait to see if it starts:biglaugh: