turbo blanket????

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i'm looking for a turbo blanket for my stock ct26. i see there's a few choices in this department. if anyone knows for sure which one fits, please post up.
thanks.................... kevin

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The smaller oNe. I think Mvpmotorsports.com has the black one that is smaller.

The stock heat shield will do good as well. Unless you just want the look of tr blanket.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No performance. Just lowers the heat down in the bay. Does nothing for egt. If you have a bigger turbo and no shield it's a good thing to have so you don't get hot spots on your hood.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
also soemthing to wrap your intercooler pipe that runs across the turbo is good so the pipe doesnt get heat soaked. I have this problem.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'd like one too. My raptor racing downpipe (which is incredible BTW, thanks George!!!!) Does not fit the stock shield. I cut mine to fit, but a good blanket would be awesome.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i thought that too. i'm just looking for one that fits. none listed say whether or not they fit a ct26. i just don't want to buy one and have it not fit.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I'd be wary of ebay no-name turbo blankets. I bought one years ago and the damn thing melted. It was made out of crappy fiberglass and mystery metal... first time the turbo glowed hot the blanked melted into a puddle of glass and what looked like burnt tin foil. I thought my car was messed up and running way too hot, but I put an EGT on and it was fine, and a DEI blanket went on and lasted a long time.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
gsxr141;1734837 said:
i thought that too. i'm just looking for one that fits. none listed say whether or not they fit a ct26. i just don't want to buy one and have it not fit.

As far as if it will fit or not... the size of the housing is not a problem. The only reason some will say they do not fit the CT is due to the fact it's going to interfere with the movement of the wastegate.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
cool. if that's the case, can't i just cut it to fit?
also, thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

cool. if that's the case, can't i just cut it to fit?
also, thanks for the help.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You dont actually need a blanket on a stock CT26 do you? (just asking because I thought it wasn't necessary, the heat issue isn't large enough to worry about on a stock 7MGTE)

(sorry if its a stupid question.. I like learning more about my baby)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Go for a spirited drive and pull over. Wait 5 mins and the area around the turbo will still be scorching hot. The underside of the intake is very very hot right above the turbo even with the factory heat shield.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Just curious (seeing as my heat shields are gone and have been for as long as I've owned the car), would a generic T3 blanket work? What sort of size would you look for wrapping the CT26?