Turbo A Targa

LPC

May 20, 2010
Rose Bay - Sydney
Hi Guys,

After owning my 1990 JDM ma70 GT Limited now for 18 months and smoothing out all the little things wrong with it before registration, I have finally found the path I want my Supra to take. I have always wanted a Turbo A, but cant justify paying around AU$16,000 atm as I could have my next project (2j Targa Turbo 6speed) for the same price, and the fact I could never part with the aero or digi dash in my GT, I have decided to compromise and build a Turbo A Targa.

I am aware it will not be exactly the same as I want to run a HKS 3000 pipe instead of the Turbo A, and a few other minor things.

I have already sourced a good condition Turbo A turbo, however am now looking for a Turbo A ECU, IAT, MAP sensor and loom.

My questions now are can any MAP sensor (ie: from either of the JZ engines) be used, or will a Turbo A specific one need to be sourced ?

Can any IAT be used, or again Turbo A specific ?

and wiring harness ? Turbo A or 7m spliced ?

It is very hard to find information on the Turbo A, let alone people who have just added the above Turbo A parts onto a stock 7m engine, so your help and information would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance, Jon.