Tuning treffen

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
I did this event about 3 weeks ago with my ''new'' setup. Its a show/race event here. I made 5 passes, 2 against a buddies Skyline (RB25 w/ ffi, tubular manifold, Hks intercooler and an HKS Garret .60), and 3 agianst an FD with a boost controller.
I forgot to set high boost my first run against the Skyline so he took me by about 3-4 car lengths, but on the second run I ran 14lbs and finished on his back bumper. But hey I'm happy with that!
Next I ran the FD twice back to back (second was a grudge race). I ate him alive both times, at least 7 car lengths. On my second run I pulled a 2.2 60ft, Wow!! I wish I could keep it that consistant all the time, I thought the seat was gonna break!! (Yes I am not a great driver and that was most deffinetaly a fluke! But now I know the car can do it.) I ran a 14.3 on that run.
So I was done for the day until the guy with the FD says we should do the ''nacht rase'' because we both have neon. I tell him I don't want to make him look bad (I like to talk smack but I was serious that time). But we go anyways. CRAPPY LAUNCH. He was with me to the 1/8th and started falling back then I hear it... POW!!

He blew the rotor seal and coasted the last 1/8th!! I was turned around before he crossed the 1/4!! HA!!! So I helped him push it to the parking lot. Aren't I a nice guy?