Tuning question

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Quick question on tuning,
I just bought an intercooler kit with atmosphere bov, I know our 7ms stumble without recirculating but is it possible to adjust fuel on the decel with a piggyback tune.
I'll be using an apexi neo.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2026633 said:
Quick question on tuning,
I just bought an intercooler kit with atmosphere bov, I know our 7ms stumble without recirculating but is it possible to adjust fuel on the decel with a piggyback tune.
I'll be using an apexi neo.
The NEO allows you to correct the fuel (by percent) at different rpm points...it linearly interpolates between points. You do this for a high and a low throttle map. You set the throttle switch points.

So to answer your question, no. You can't adjust the decel map with the NEO...but I honestly don't even think there is a decel map...I don't the think injectors fire with zero throttle...for emissions reasons.

You won't notice to much stalling with the bov vented...just blip the throttle during roll back and it won't stall

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2026635 said:
The NEO allows you to correct the fuel (by percent) at different rpm points...it linearly interpolates between points. You do this for a high and a low throttle map. You set the throttle switch points.

So to answer your question, no. You can't adjust the decel map with the NEO...but I honestly don't even think there is a decel map...I don't the think injectors fire with zero throttle...for emissions reasons.

You won't notice to much stalling with the bov vented...just blip the throttle during roll back and it won't stall

Clearly answered my question, thanks a lot bud :thumbup:

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
The only way to correct for that is with a piggyback that converts to speed density and eliminates the MAF. The ECUMaster DET3 does this, and allows for boost control, timing control, launch control, map switching, etc. and is around the same price point as the Neo. We've had several 7M customers already and are working on a really nice installation video for the Mk3.

http://ecumasterusa.com/shop/digital-ecu-tuner-3/

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
IndigoMKII;2026662 said:
On a side note, to further help any stalling issue you might have, check the VTV at the throttle body and make sure it's adjusted correctly.

will do thanks

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Zach;2026700 said:
The only way to correct for that is with a piggyback that converts to speed density and eliminates the MAF. The ECUMaster DET3 does this, and allows for boost control, timing control, launch control, map switching, etc. and is around the same price point as the Neo. We've had several 7M customers already and are working on a really nice installation video for the Mk3.

http://ecumasterusa.com/shop/digital-ecu-tuner-3/

I’ve heard of setups like the like maft pro and what not, ill probably look into that later in the future. as of now I’m pretty much done with my 7m and ill be doing a jz swap later on thanks a lot tho

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
will be tuning next paycheck. hoping to make 400 i know its possible with my mods but i feel like it’ll be more unlikely, well see!
mods
3in turbo back, intercooler, 500cc injectors, walbro fp, lex afm, 57trim,cone filter, will be tuned on a NEO.

place your bets

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
DeMoN2318;2026829 said:
Open that Lex screw way out...

I went to the dyno expecting 15psi and maxed at 11...

Or get a boost controller

He should be able to get 15 PSI on a 57 ct26 if he has no boost leaks without hitting fuel cut.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Forgot to mention I have a boost controller as well and would like to boost 15-18psi depending on what the tuner tells me.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
DeMoN2318;2026847 said:
Yea I agree, I guess my point was if inlet airflow is the limiting factor...i should have been more specific.

If you didn't know, messing with the lex afm screw can cause a weird idle. It's best to just leave the screw right at fuel cut, such as if you want 16 PSI you'll want the screw out just far enough to run 16 PSI. The less unmetered air, the better the car will run.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
IndigoMKII;2026924 said:
If you didn't know, messing with the lex afm screw can cause a weird idle. It's best to just leave the screw right at fuel cut, such as if you want 16 PSI you'll want the screw out just far enough to run 16 PSI. The less unmetered air, the better the car will run.

Is there any rule of thumb (x number of turns out from full in for each additional PSI) or anything other than trial and error to get the screw dialed in?

I backed mine out 7 turns from full in, and only hit 11psi when getting tuned...about 80F ambient... I was hoping for closer to 15, but adjusting the screw was not part of the tune...

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
DeMoN2318;2026949 said:
Is there any rule of thumb (x number of turns out from full in for each additional PSI) or anything other than trial and error to get the screw dialed in?

Not that I've noticed, I did mine on more trial and error.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2026949 said:

I backed mine out 7 turns from full in, and only hit 11psi when getting tuned...about 80F ambient... I was hoping for closer to 15, but adjusting the screw was not part of the tune...

why not just get a boost controller to run whatever psi you want?