tuning meth injection with an safc?

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
i'm about to get a meth injection kit and i'm wondering if i'm going to be able to tune it with my safc 1. My car runs on the lean side from my injectors being too small so i was thinking this would be a good way to pick up some power and richen it up at the same time. I know the safc 1 doesn't control timing so im wanting to know from you guys if it has been done and any gains without being able to change timing. thanks! and i do have a wideband if that helps and its on a 1jz.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
it wont make your af ratio richer. it allows you to run super lean af ratios at wot because it basically increases your octane rating. so you could be running 13(possibly more) a/f at wot safely and up the timing and still be safe.

cyberdx16

Sep 15, 2009
Madison
RockPaperSwoRD;1514990 said:
it wont make your af ratio richer. it allows you to run super lean af ratios at wot because it basically increases your octane rating. so you could be running 13(possibly more) a/f at wot safely and up the timing and still be safe.

Running methanol injection doesn't necessary allow you to run at "lean conditions," it may however help boost your lean conditions because you're adding methanol, by how much... not sure, from what I've read "50/50 water/methanol mix enriches the AFR display by .5 from 12.5 to 12.0 when its injected at a rate of no more than 10-15% mix to gasoline by volume."

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
i was thinking of running a 50/50 mix with denatured alcohol and distilled water and just tune it slightly leaner than normal and i was wondering what kind of gains i could see doing so

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
Yep, $120 shipped and they are yours. They are currently in my 1995 GS300 (converted to an Aristo). I have a set of 550cc injectors, I just need to wire them up. I also have the 2JZ Aristo MAP Sensor which sells for like $100. I'll send it too for $200 total shipped, if you want.

I don't know about the 1JZs that much, but supposedly they use the Aristo 440cc injectors and the Aristo MAP sensor together to have an "upgraded" fuel system. I'm upgrading my Aristo stuff, and my car runs currently, so I know everything is in perfect working order :cool:.

Jeff
jtamulis@hotmail.com