Tune-Up prices

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
The shop I manage charges $97.50 labor (1.5 hrs)on Supras because there is a bit more work to get to the plugs. This includes inspect or replace air filter, plug wires, cap and rotor on N/As.

Fuel filter replacement is a seperate thing, and is $65 labor.

We also look over everything under the hood to catch a problem before it puts you on the side of the road (say " G.D. it, I just had it in the shop, why didn't they tell me about this"?)

Check includes automatic trans fluid, coolant, p/s oil, engine oil, hoses, vacuum lines, wiring, leaks, etc.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
I think you should do tune ups yourself. So easy, you get to learn mecanics alittle, its fun, plus you save money. Keep your money for big reperations that will scare you....like a clutch or somehting of the sort.

Tune ups in garages are a waist of money, tune up = what normal ppl can do at home. They change all the easiest shit..of course that needs regular change also.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
You should just do it yourself man. Its really not that hard after the initial task of trying to get the oil filter out of its little nook etc. Buy premium fluids and do it youself so you know its done right and to the utmost quality.... thats what I think.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
If you have time and the availible tools, do it yourself. spark plug wires cost like $100 then plugs and so on. all in all if your car isnt in repair of a distrbutor or coil pack like mine was it should cost you max $200.