tune opinion and feedback

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
wiseco7mgt;1026686 said:
Hey?how does torque give you less gear changes? lol Mine revs to 7000rpm when it shifts split second due to an M.V automatics shift kit.

Nothing to be embarassed about 1jz are great! I just dont think they are the end all and be all. For me I think taking a 7m out and putting in a 1jz is a step backward (I'll put my flame suit on now thanks
True ... I agree , my ma70 came with a jz already in it and its definately not as tough as my 7m, although its is very gentle on the tranny and diff due to the fact the 1jz was designed by transvestites.

Well, i should have rephrased that a lil bit... on a track and going through sets of corners.. i could be in second-forth gear and have heaps of tourqe to pull me out of the corner as apposed to 1jz horsepower :) p.s. i think u might need a better flame suit, i suggest the "SSP-99M Suit" it offers a 90% flame resistance HAHAHA!
SSP-99M_Suit_Small.jpg

Mk3Les;1026731 said:
I think I've just fround my new sig :)

I agree , my ma70 came with a jz already in it and its definately not as tough as my 7m, although its is very gentle on the tranny and diff due to the fact the 1jz was designed by transvestites.:biglaugh:

Haha, you better put on a flame suit too lol!

Mk3Les

Turbo-a;1027464 said:
Well, i should have rephrased that a lil bit... on a track and going through sets of corners.. i could be in second-forth gear and have heaps of tourqe to pull me out of the corner as apposed to 1jz horsepower :) p.s. i think u might need a better flame suit, i suggest the "SSP-99M Suit" it offers a 90% flame resistance HAHAHA!
SSP-99M_Suit_Small.jpg

Haha, you better put on a flame suit too lol!

Na its all good around here, I'd never do it on the Aust forum though LOL. The 1jz fanboys would start crying :cry:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
wiseco7mgt;1026686 said:
although its is very gentle on the tranny and diff due to the fact the 1jz was designed by transvestites.

You have just made it to the top of my "Kill them while they sleep" list.....congratulations.........:evil2:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
So dan what the next step for the 7m tune? Standalone, new tuner ?I personally would just go find a new tuner that doesnt have his head up his own ass.Winding up the timing like that to the point of detonation where he has to warn you not to rev over 5000rpm is just a joke.

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
Yeah not sure what to do mate... it just sucks because i see fantastic results from guys in the states with tuners, just guys around brisbane have no idea at all! that 3 so called experienced tuners that dont know what there doing or have had very little or no experience with 7m's! need a good tuner around brisbane area! we can do a better job our selves, but bad experience with the wideband.. plus time is a factor now

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
Mk3Les;1027486 said:
Na its all good around here, I'd never do it on the Aust forum though LOL. The 1jz fanboys would start crying :cry:

Yeah ive come to notice very quickly in supraforums.au everyone hates 7m's and either swing to 1jz or 2jz... i mean there isnt anything wrong with the 7m unless the head gaskit gets fixed.. i could argue all day about the plus's and minuses about the 3 motors lol.. but they all bag our 7m's :(

Mk3Les

Turbo-a;1027982 said:
Yeah not sure what to do mate... it just sucks because i see fantastic results from guys in the states with tuners, just guys around brisbane have no idea at all! that 3 so called experienced tuners that dont know what there doing or have had very little or no experience with 7m's! need a good tuner around brisbane area! we can do a better job our selves, but bad experience with the wideband.. plus time is a factor now

If you'd like I can give you the number of the guys who do my car, they seem alright, in fact the first time I took my car to him he detuned it because it was pinging and didnt think it was safe for me to drive as it was, not like the guys I took it to two days before!

http://www.gtautogarage.com.au/

give them a call and see what they can do for you.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
IJ.;1027995 said:
Attend any Supra dyno day and see just how powerful the legendary 1jz's are down here (always good for a chuckle).

lol yeah no one will ever convince me that its the best option for the ma70, its just way to soft down in the rev range.Love one in a ma61 though, wouldnt have enough torque to hurt a w series box.