trying to find where these 2 wires go....

nschultz0124

Apr 5, 2006
Villa Park, IL
After getting everything back together after a HG job I have 2 wires on the turbo side that I am not sure where they came from as I don't remember unplugging them.

This is the first one. The wire color is Yellow with a green stripe. I think it goes to the AC sensor in the second pic, but that was not connected on the car when I bought it.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

this next one is what I am really stumped on. I have looked all over the engine and cant find this one and as you can see it has been spliced into or "fixed" previously (not my doing). the wire shown here is red, but before the red wire it is yellow with a black stripe.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Let me know if you have any ideas as to where these actually go.

Thanks,

Nick

van1684

Apr 19, 2005
chicago
the yellow one goes onto the oil pressure sender. does your oil gauge work? it's right under the power steering pump.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
ok I think I can help, That red wire that is attached to the yellow with a black stripe goes to a sensor that is located under the p/s pump and attached to the side of the block. The sensor has a little nob on it and that wire slides over the nob, which is why the connector is notched, There is also a plastic boot that the wire should slide into before you connect the notched electrical connector.
You have to take out the p/s resevior and bracket and it will be a round sensor about an inch and a half around, on the block.
I don't know about the other wire as much. I think it goes to the a/c sensor under your thermastat, double check that.

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
I think its the red one that goes to the oil pressure sending unit, and the yellow one with the strips goes to the sensor on the T-stat housing.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
againstdawall06 said:
I think its the red one that goes to the oil pressure sending unit, and the yellow one with the strips goes to the sensor on the T-stat housing.
yup, however the real color of the oil pressure sender is yellow, but his red wire has the proper connector for the sender????

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
simpsons7s said:
ok I think I can help, That red wire that is attached to the yellow with a black stripe goes to a sensor that is located under the p/s pump and attached to the side of the block. The sensor has a little nob on it and that wire slides over the nob, which is why the connector is notched, There is also a plastic boot that the wire should slide into before you connect the notched electrical connector.
You have to take out the p/s resevior and bracket and it will be a round sensor about an inch and a half around, on the block.
I don't know about the other wire as much. I think it goes to the a/c sensor under your thermastat, double check that.

Yep, that's what I think too.

nschultz0124

Apr 5, 2006
Villa Park, IL
chriso said:
yup, however the real color of the oil pressure sender is yellow, but his red wire has the proper connector for the sender????

The red wire is spliced onto the yellow wire with a black stripe.

Thanks for the help guys, the only other connector not connected then would be the one going to the AC switch on the therm housing. I will be connecting this wire when I get home tonight and trying to start the car.

Nick

nschultz0124

Apr 5, 2006
Villa Park, IL
does anyone have a pic of the oil pressure sending unit hookup? I was just out in my garage and could not find this thing at all. Is it the connector underneath the yellow plug on the therm housing mount? Or is it actually on the block somewhere?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
nschultz0124 said:
does anyone have a pic of the oil pressure sending unit hookup? I was just out in my garage and could not find this thing at all. Is it the connector underneath the yellow plug on the therm housing mount? Or is it actually on the block somewhere?

Sure. Here you go.

Attachments

• oilpressuresensor.jpg
    oilpressuresensor.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 45

nschultz0124

Apr 5, 2006
Villa Park, IL
ok, everything is hooked up now. Car cranks but wont fire. I have fuel and I have spark and there is gas in the the tank (made sure of that). It actually loads up and sounds like it is going to and then it falls on its face. I believe that the timing is set properly also. anyone have any ideas or suggestions of things to check?

nschultz0124

Apr 5, 2006
Villa Park, IL
I set the CPS like it says in the jblmk3 link and the car started right up. thanks everyone for your help. Now I have a new issue, Ill post a new topic for it just to keep everything separate. Thanks again!!!!