Trunk Rattles bad

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
ValgeKotkas;1409520 said:
This is where our opinions meet :love:

Ha, your set up is much like what I have in mind for mine.... Nice, clean, done right, single sub, no ugly box rolling around hitting things........ These cars deserve good audio as much as any other car out there but for some reason they suffer from it (cough) not yours.....

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Sside;1409506 said:
Its funny you dont even know how many watts your 2nd to bottom of the line Kicker subwoofers are... Nobody is hatin on your setup, mostly because there is nothing to hate.... Anyone can have the bass you have and make noise.... Its nothing special if anything its easy.... But to the public its just annoying and they dont care. One day, you will piss off the wrong person and then understand why it is important to respect other people around you while driving....

so your saying my 2 12" kicker cvr's arent 800 watts each?? and they are the 2nd to bottom of the line?? where do you get your information from sir??

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
sparkplug619;1409610 said:
so your saying my 2 12" kicker cvr's arent 800 watts each?? and they are the 2nd to bottom of the line?? where do you get your information from sir??

From The Kicker Web Site

"Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 800/400 "

RMS is your power think of it as average and Watts peak is the higher one shot of power it can handle without blowing out while rms is a continous

CVR12_R.preview.jpg

Now you see the small ass on this thing....
Sound from your speakers is about it moving the air around it. Bass notes are long wave lengths so your subs need to move in and out a bigger distance compared to other other speakers.... this is why tweeters are so small because high freq. are short and fast.

granted yours are dual vocie coil but they are only a small step up from these shitty things
C12_R.preview.jpg

Now this is a subwoofer....
product_339748.jpg

and it cost half as much as u paid for those kickers....

and this is what a $1000 subwoofer looks like...\
TS-W8102SPL.jpg

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
400 rms is correct for those Cvr's..... And sadly, your amp is no were near 2000 watts.... In fact your Cvr's are no were near a true 400rms each... Look, I am not trying to bash you and I am sorry if I made you feel bad about your system.... But its important you know these things....

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
Sside;1409703 said:
400 rms is correct for those Cvr's..... And sadly, your amp is no were near 2000 watts.... In fact your Cvr's are no were near a true 400rms each... Look, I am not trying to bash you and I am sorry if I made you feel bad about your system.... But its important you know these things....

I think kicker should be sued for selling such shitty spks for a high price and why do everybody think they kick ass.....

Last edited:

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
PlatinumTracks;1409707 said:
I think kicker should be sued for selling such shitty spks for a high price and why do everything they kick ass.....

Kicker is still way way better then sony and the pioneer subs at the same price range.... I dont worry about they're price, I can get them dirt cheap....

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
PlatinumTracks;1409648 said:
From The Kicker Web Site

RMS is your power think of it as average and Watts peak is the higher one shot of power it can handle without blowing out while rms is a continous

CVR12_R.preview.jpg

Sound from your speakers is about it moving the air around it. Bass notes are long wave lengths so your subs need to move in and out a bigger distance compared to other other speakers.... this is why tweeters are so small because high freq. are short and fast.

granted yours are dual vocie coil but they are only a small step up from these shitty things
C12_R.preview.jpg

product_339748.jpg

TS-W8102SPL.jpg

thanks for the info

carfanatic89

May 21, 2008
Texas
ok well my question was never answered, what is the adhesive that holds the skeleton to the shell, im about to just jb weld the damn thing if I dont get an answer.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
carfanatic89;1414931 said:
ok well my question was never answered, what is the adhesive that holds the skeleton to the shell, im about to just jb weld the damn thing if I dont get an answer.

what are you talking about? what skeleton? if thats a plastic strip between the glass and metal its help by nuts, there 5 of them i think, just tighten them and thats it. if thats not what it is, be more specific about "skeleton" and the "shell"

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
PlatinumTracks;1409648 said:
From The Kicker Web Site

CVR12_R.preview.jpg

C12_R.preview.jpg

product_339748.jpg

TS-W8102SPL.jpg

Can you say...OWNED!
Clear and straight to the point.

carfanatic89

May 21, 2008
Texas
ValgeKotkas;1415022 said:
I think he means the inner structure of the trunklid that is connected with the trunklids outer, covering metal.

Thanks someone knows what im talking about. I didn't really know what to call it.
well anyways, I jb welded it just to get rid of that noise for now. I got another hatch that im gonna put on it but it doesn't have any tint on it and the rest of the car is tinted so It would look pretty stupid. I gotta go have it tinted to match the car.
And it has a stock wing and my car didnt come with one so I also got to get the part of the wing that is mounted to top of the quarter panel.

thanks for the help of the ppl that stayed on topic I hate when threads veer off topic.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I hate when I hear cars vibrating so loud that my mirrors are shaking. Bass is something that should be there, but it definitely shouldn't overpower the mids and highs. Personally, I like a little more treble in my songs.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
This is a case of DIY gone bad, if I had to guess. IMHO, most folks who wants to put car shaking power into their car need the help of a professional.

All these problems are faced by professional stereo installers every day, and there is a range of techniques and products that have been created specifically to deal with it.

Dynamat is your friend. Learning how to apply it is an interesting experience, however. Best installer I've ever met used a signal generator wired directly to the car amplifiers to produce specific frequency tones, then he would crawl around inside, under and around the car, marking spots that needed dynamat. Using this technique, he produced several cars with literally deafening sound that did not rattle even the slightest bit.

A bit of a safety note, however.

Personally, I like a balanced sound, something that isn't heavily overbalanced to the subs. If you have mids and highs to match a system that rattles your mirrors, you'll also have hearing loss within a few years. It's one of the things that catches up with you when you start to get a bit older, and if you make it there, you'll regret it.

Furthermore, if you can't hear the sirens from emergency vehicles over your music, you have a problem. I knew a kid who got hit and killed by a train from behind because he was listening to his iPod too loud while walking town the tracks. Another friend of mine lost his son when he didn't hear the horn on the dumptruck that lost it's brakes. I've personally witnessed a Mercedes get creamed by a train at a crossing because he had his music turned up loud enough that he couldn't hear the train's horn - and those things are LOUD.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not against good car stereos - I have one myself, and yes, it's more than capable of drowning out conversations in the cars around me. However, I'm careful when I use it, and I keep in mind that it reduces my awareness.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
^Maybe you have asked and you know... that in Dynamats case, could more be actually less? Or that just ''more'' is sensless?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've seen dynamat used in strips as it acts as a shock absorber and doesn't need to entirely cover a surface to work. Not to mention it's much cheaper and lighter to use it in such a way.