Truck turbos

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
CassMori said:
For these Holset turbos, how is the mounting to the exhaust manifold done? Is a custom manifold required? (for the 7M) What sort of exhaust output do they have, the v-band or can they be had in different types?

They have a t3 flange on them, so you will need a custom adapter or exhaust mani all together.

The Hy35w or HE351CW as they are called by dodge use a rotating 4" exhaust elbow on the back of them.

The hx series and std hy35w have a flange off the back that looks alot like a ct26.

Oh I forgot to add that the Holset turbos have an bad habit of boost creep due to thier small internal wastegates. Bore it out or run an external gate and you're good to go.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i had an opportunity to get the turbo off of a junked cummins engine a while back but the guy said diesel turbos don't work on gas cars. this (in my very limited knowledge of turbos) didn't make any sense b/c only air goes thru the turbo. what goes into getting the adapter, and making the oil restrictors? just trying to expand my knowledge so prefferably no flames...

thanx
ross

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com

CassMori

Boost Addict
Hey, I found this interesting link, they've got application listings for a lot of turbos, thought it might come in handy for some of you guys. They're in Spain, so shipping might be expensive if you want to order anything :p . But looks like it'd be good for reference purposes.
TurboMaster