Trouble using any electric controlled device, including the engine;; pos alarm system

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
It all started when I started my car up 3 days ago and it was running fine. I turned it off to check the oil level and it would not start back up and has not started since. No lights, guages, meters, power anything doesnt work. The only thing that works is turning on my headlights which I find is odd.

What I did:

I first checked all the fuses and found the 15A radio fuse blown and my fusible link blown, I replaced both and it still wouldnt start up.

I then began to suspect it was my alarm system again screwing up. The first time it screwed up i did
shaeff said:
or you could go under the hood of the car, find the two wires that go to the hood sensor (so if someone pops your hood, the alarm sounds) cut them, and splice them together. this will make the alarm think that there is a door open, in which case the alarm cannot be armed.
and i had not had a problem until this current one.

Now I went the more drastic route and took out the Alarm computer, and cut the blue/yellow-stripe wire and grounded it to my steering column, and I still get nothing, just my one headlight popping up.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
any input? I find it a bit odd that only my headlights will turn on, and this is my daily driver, so I kindly seek advice so I dont have to walk 14 miles to work :)