Mar 30, 2005
http://www.supracentral.com/foundation/tsrm/efi-system/

FI_026.gif

FI_027.gif

FI_028.gif

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
I orginally had a piggyback wired in to the ecu. So I just disconnected the piggyback and know I only have code 51 how would i test this circuit to find the faulty part. I have a manual transmission so park and neutral does not apply to me. However I have A/C.But my A/C is turned off.So that is leaving me to believe that the Throttle Position Sensor Circuit is of fault

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
Hey JetJock I just got back in from running a few test my throttle plate is fully closed. I jumped the 2 terminals on the TPS sensor harness and the code went away. Next step is to do a resistance test on the TPS sensor itself however I will have to wait until monday to get my DMM and test. Being that none of those codes can cause the reason im running pig rich do you have any idea wht is the cause. This is my first project car and Im almost near the end. I have a 1988 supra 7mgte Manual
My mods are a
Precision 6262 turbo
550 rc injectors
Aeromotive Fuel Pump
Fuel Lab Fuel Pressure Regulator adjusted to 30 psi with vacuum
3 inch full exhaust
Upgraded intercooler and plumbing to 2.5 inch
New Denso Plugs and NGK wires
With the Lexus Air Flow Meter and housing

I am thinking because i changed out to the 550 rc injectors and the stronger fuel pump and bigger fuel lines is the reason. Im on a stock ECU but however I thought by adding the lexus AFM and housing it will be OK. Do you guys have any advice on my next step to getting this bad boy running more lean.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You could adjust the TPS and see if the code resolves. TPS may not be busted, just out of whack. If so the MIL can sub for a meter.

I'm gonna back pedal and say it's possible the 31 could cause that richness. Unlikely though. Besides, the EFI system usually isn't responible for this kind of thing. It's still always best to fix codes first though. And you still haven't said under what conditions it's happening.

Lastly, that you have both AFM codes suggests a wiring issue. Gonna need the DMM for that.

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
Codes 24 and 31 are resolved. I had a Piggyback system wired into my ecu. When I disconnected the piggyback system the only codes remaining 51. I believe I might have to just adjust the TPS sensor. Im going to try that and see what happens. Thanks so much for your help.