TRD Lowering Springs?

4cefedauto

Apr 27, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
I just recently found a set of TRD lowering springs that I bought a while ago and forgot about. I have been searching for info on them and have so far been unable to find anything. Does anybody have any information on them?

kHaNg

Like FAtHer Like SoN
Apr 17, 2007
Mass
how much of a drop are they? and are they worth buying for the:aigo: amount of money?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IIRC they where produced by eibach (much like the TRD exhaust was HKS, ect)

Most of TRD parts are rebadged or contracted out.

It would take testing to see if they are EXACTLY the same as the current eibach units though...

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
I can't say much about the rears, but the fronts I have (and don't use anymore) are linear. I measured them (with a scale and a press) at 443 +/- 7 lb/in, ie one was 436 and one was 450 lb/in. My notes say the rears were 180lb/in, but that's probably wrong. The rears, as I recall, are also linear, and probably in the low 200s. The fronts should be matched with rears somewhere around 275 to 300lb/in if you don't want to look like a ricer.

They lowered the car too much for me, since I was aiming for the lower arms to be parallel to the ground. Without the spacer I put in, they probably lowered it 2" from stock.

TRD may have changed their design from when I bought them 10+ years ago.

Asterix