Transmission swap help needed.

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
I need help if anyone can please give me some tips. I was swaping a automatic tranny fro a five speed on my 7mgte but i dont know what to do know. I have it installed but i dont know what to do with the plugs. I gpt the hole set up clutch pedal shifter clutch slave cylinder well everything im just stuck no reverse lights no safety switch what do i do? Please help if you can. And thanks.:1zhelp:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
You'll just need to jump the neutral safety switch, reverse lights Should *I have no idea* be the same. As far as the clutch pedal set-up goes, just take the bottom of your dash out on the drivers side and start haning.

Take the old brake pedal off, put on the new brake pedal, bolt the clutch pedal assbly up, drill a hole in the cowl, run a bolt through it (the sleeve from the brake pedal works AWESOME for added support between the assembly and the cowl, just cut a 45'-ish angle on one end, about 1-2" long) Run the Clutch MC through the firewall, bolt it up, run your lines, hook up the slave to the trans, fill it with fluid, bleed it, and try it out. It really is pretty simple. If Houston wasn't 16hrs away or whatever, I'd be happy to help you out, but it is. :icon_bigg

HTH

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
Thanks supra man i will sure try that i just need to find the wires to the neutral switch and its time to have some fun.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
well can u guys tell me wat all parts i need to do that swap.. cuz i have an automatic too and i wana swap it out for a 5spd tranny as well... i know i need a clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder tranny pedals, and the ecu.. ryt.. well i was wonderin too if i can use my automatic ecu when im runnng a 5spd tranny... well can u guys plz help me... and how do u post sumthing up too cuz im confused on this forum... also im plannin on swapping my engine to a 1jz engine and i was wondering if the 7m gte tranny will bolt on to the 1jz engine with no problem... thanks

Last edited: