transmission gets sticky when hot out

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
transmission gets sticky when its hot out or after doing city driving for awhile...

when its cool..it'll feel perfect.

going into 1st gear i have to almost force it in...BUT..there is no grind..just super stiff. mainly 1st and 2nd..all other gears are okay.

AND

its not ALL the time...sometime it'll be super stiff..then i drive a block down and it'll go right in.

i doubt its the slave cylinder/clutch cylinder cuz it'll be fine in the morning.

i was thinking about switching tranny fluid over to redline shock. right now i have redline mt90.

w58 by the way.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
redline mt-90 is the type of oil our transmission requires...changeing to something with additives will slowly damage it further and make your issue worse.

Is first hard to get into only when you are slowing down while useing your gears to come to a stop? If so that's the problem...your transmissions don't like it! And how are your shifter bushings? 1st and R are the hardiest to get into with bad shifter bushings.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
gaboonviper85;1149080 said:
redline mt-90 is the type of oil our transmission requires...changeing to something with additives will slowly damage it further and make your issue worse.

Is first hard to get into only when you are slowing down while useing your gears to come to a stop? If so that's the problem...your transmissions don't like it! And how are your shifter bushings? 1st and R are the hardiest to get into with bad shifter bushings.

i'm not that much of an idiot! lol

i never put it into 1st for braking!

anywho...reverse gear goes in just fine..AND anytime. mainly first gear then sometimes 2nd. i baby my 1st gear 75% of the time.

i was thinking redline shockproof because Dr Jonez (one of the supra gods) said he uses it and his transmission has taken quite a beating if it wasnt for that stuff.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
Poodles;1149110 said:
First has a strong lockout and you have to rev match to downshift into it...

rev matching doesnt matter on it either...i already tried that. its even a little resistance pulling it out of 1st gear...its weird.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I doubt changing tranny oil will make a difference....especially since you are already using MT-90.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
Zumtizzle;1149256 said:
Try going into second and then first? (with clutch depressed)

i've tried that too..i think i've tried every gear and then try to put it into first..but its just stubborn.

by the way...i like your sig...so true! lol