tranny in today! and now.......

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
i have a few questions.
i put in a spec stage two. but the engagement point is at the same place as my stock clutch. the clutch engages at about 3/4 of the way up the stoke of the pedal. i've read about people putting in a spec stage two and the feel was very different from stock, like a harsher engagement. i really cant tell the difference between my stock clutch and the stage two. is it somehting i did? or something that needs adjustment? freeplay? some of my friends are saying that aftermarket clutches just dont engage off the floor, but another guy i know(who is very expirianced) says that it should.

but on another note i successfully did my first clutch swap. putting in the transmission was a whole lot easyer than taking it out. started at 1 today and finished up a 6. not bad considering that it took 12 hours to get it out.
thanks for the help everyone.

Gus

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
My stock clutch engages almost as soon as I let the pedal out, I would say maybe a 1/4 of the way out. 3/4 of the way out is crazy pedal travel, or is that normal??. My friends 5.0 Stang is like that AND its a cable clutch, I HATE IT.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
how do i adjust it? i know of the skrew under the dash that will hold the pedal down more but i dont know how that will help.