tractor sound

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ok, I just finished retorquing the head with arp headbolts. Put everything back on, pretty sure I didnt forget anything since I have no pieces left, and all hoses look ok. Took out 2 grounds...1 on throttle cable, other on CoilPack, and reconnected 1 connector on CoilPack....did i forget a connector or soemthing...or I thought maybe my firing order is wrong .... isnt it 1-5-3-6-2-4, so on the coil pack from left to right it should be that order right....coil 1 far left, #5 2nd from the left etc.... ???

Help me out, car runs like a tractor, and backfires alot

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
lol, thanks guys, ill go do that right now....but why the fuck is it written that in my Haines book or whatever book...weird..

Ill be right back, gonna go try da shit out

:D hope it works

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
1-5-3-6-2-4 is the order the power strokes occur in. On an ignition system with a distributor the power stroke order is the same as the spark plug wiring arrangement. On ours it's different because it is a wasted spark system. Haynes is correct that 1-5-3-6-2-4 is the firing order(power stroke) however it is not the arrangement for the sparkplug wires on the coil pack. That is 1,6,3,4,2,5 like stated above. If you think about it for a minute the two orders make sense if a spark is wasted.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
When my friend was getting his engine rebuilt the mechanics at the shop did the same exact thing except that they had it set up as 1-2-3-4-5-6. They spent about a week and a half trying to figure it out, until a saw it looked funny and gave them the heads up. Just because of a stupid repair manual.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
lol, well everything worked out great, thanks alot guys, soundsl like a real Supra now :D well accuallly its gonna sound like a real Supra when I get my 3inch dp and full exhaust built next week :D mouahahah

Thanks again

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
YoNkErS87t said:
When my friend was getting his engine rebuilt the mechanics at the shop did the same exact thing except that they had it set up as 1-2-3-4-5-6. They spent about a week and a half trying to figure it out, until a saw it looked funny and gave them the heads up. Just because of a stupid repair manual.

GETTER DONE!!!!!! BOYS!!!! THATS HOW THEY TOUGHT US TO COUNT 123456.

and they call thereself mechanics. :nono:

the numbers are on the coil packs(if they havent rubbed off)...