TPS Voltage Drop when Headlights turn on...

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Hey all,

I know this all sounds strange and Im puzzled so I figured I would ask here.

Im stalled another wiring harness in my Supra and everything is wired in as usual. Start the car up and she Purrs like a Kitten. Look at my MAFT Pro TPS voltage and its reading .38 to .40v which is where it should be reading when at Idle.

Now, Im sitting there and I turn my headlights on, My voltage will drop all the way down to .13 to .15v and AF starts jumping all over the place. Bounces from 17 to 13 AFR and with the Headlights on, it runs pretty rough. If I turn the Headlights back off Voltage goes back up to normal and car starts to run great again..

This is a Automatic harness that is installed in a Manual tranny car as I couldnt find a manual harness anywhere. The Extra connectors for the Neutral Start and all that are just tucked away and not used.

Anyone here any Idea on whats going on with my TPS voltage when Headlights are on?

Thanks
Robert

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
What is the charging (battery) voltage, with headlights on and off? Does charging voltage change from idle to 2500 rpm?

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Charging battery Voltage is fine. Didnt have this Issue before so I cant seem to figure out why Im having it now. Maybe I should mention that my TPS is a Q45 TPS. Havent done the stock TPS mod for my FFIM yet.