TPS problems??

MK3_TJ

May 21, 2008
Kettering, OH
I've just got my car running again after some upgrades.

Its got an FMIC, FFIM w/Accufab TB, Electric cooling fans, Aeromotive FP regulator set to 42-43psi at idle?- pulsation dampener eliminated. Everything else is still stock.

I have the 3 wire TPS on the accufab wired as best I see fit using the diagram in the TSRM. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=101

VC - Voltage reference/ 5V to TPS
VTA - Sigal back to ECU
E2 - Ground
What does IDL do?

With the TPS hooked runs fine at idle. But at anything other than idle it cuts in and out/revs up and down.

With it unhooked it runs ok at any RPM. But under WOT I get no feul enrichment...runs at 15-15.5 AFR at wide open, which is bad.

Is there another way to wire the TPS or do I need to go ahead and get myself the MAFT-pro thats been on my list?

Sorry for the lengthy post...did my best to explain all I know about whats goin on. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!!!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
IDL is used for a bunch of important things and needs to be grounded when the throttle plate is closed and floated when the throttle plate is open. If your TPS doesn't have a contact to accomplish that you'll need to add a separate switch...

MK3_TJ

May 21, 2008
Kettering, OH
I think I figured it out. I had the IDL and VTA wires backwards. And now when I go wide open it goes rich instantly. Still stays rich when I let off but I think I have a fix for it. I'm gonna run a switch from ground to IDL that closes when the throttle plate closes.

Last edited: