TPS Issues Help!

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
Ok so Im a little confused. Im wiring my Q45 TPS into the stock wiring based on X-Mans wiring. HOWEVER... my problem is for some reason i have voltage (with the key in the ON position) coming from the BROWN wire. Which is E2 which i understand to be a ground. Rather then the Blue with Red stripe wire which is supposed to be the 5V supplier. Which im getting NOTHING from.

How is this happening? How do i go about tracking down how to fix it etc? Right now with the correct wiring of the Q45 connectors (based on Xmans wrietup) im pulling codes still with the TPS. I feel as though the voltage coming from the wrong color wire may have something to do with it.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
It will show voltage when its plugged in, there is just a resistor between VCC (5v supply) and e2. With VTA tapping in between at different points depending on throttle position. Are you getting .4v (idle) - 5v(wot) or so at VTA(white w/red stripe)? What code do you have? If you you look at the TPS in the engine control diagram in the EWD, you'll see what I mean.

Love the engine bay BTW!